Fresher IT Digital Channels Administrator Job Careers – Opportunity Bank
Organization: Opportunity Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head IT Operations
Opportunity Bank is a Commercial Bank licensed and supervised by Bank of Uganda. We are the Bank of choice for all who aspire to a life of dignity and purpose. We offer innovative technology-led financial solutions and training to transform lives and Communities. We do this with care, respect and in a sustainable way.
Job Summary: The IT Digital Channels Administrator will be responsible for leading and coordinating the Bank’s Mobile, Internet, Agency, Merchant, ATM and other emerging channels initiatives. The administrator must demonstrate a strong understanding of and high regard for the Digital channels as a business delivery channel for the Bank’s corporate and retail customers.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support for existing mobile and internet banking systems and implementation of related projects.
- Keep track of user issues and oversee their prompt resolution.
- Following established change management practices by ensuring that they are well tested and are rolled out in a manner that adheres to established business processes.
- Continuously analyze user requirements to develop and provide solutions
- Routine system administration and management
- Maintain up to date system and user documentation
- Ensure compliance of SLAs by system vendors
- Develop real time online reports and monitoring tools to be able to track internet / mobile banking and internet acquiring system uptime and performance.
- Continual Service Improvement by recommending and implementing upgrades or changes to the mobile & internet solutions for increased performance, security or business benefits
- Develop subject matter expert knowledge of Mobile, Internet technologies, eCommerce and other payment banking technologies
- Develop Business Continuity plans for both mobile & internet channel solutions.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Opportunity Bank IT Digital Channels Administrator career opportunity must hold a University Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of Agency Banking technical operations and support
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of Card and ATM technical operations
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of Mobile and Internet Banking technical operations
- Demonstrate understanding of 3rd party bill payments/collections aggregation operations
- A team player with Effective leadership skills
- At least two years of hands-on experience in Channels Support
- Knowledge of administration in the following areas will be an added advantage
- Awareness of major trends in IT and specifically banking systems
- Knowledge of Opportunity Bank’s IT systems and technology standards
- Understanding of local banking regulations and applicable laws.
- Able to create credible IT plans and budgets for external scrutiny
- Ability to manage an IT team while observing local HR practices
- Ability to negotiate favorable terms with IT vendors
- Trained in PRINCE or equivalent project methodology
- Trained in ITIL or equivalent service standards
- Able to translate global standards effectively to a local context
How to Apply:
All qualified and interested candidates should their signed application letters together with their curriculum vitae to:
The Head of Human Resources
Opportunity Bank Uganda Limited
Plot 1259, Old Kira Road
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindly note only applicants who meet the minimum requirements will be contacted. All positions will be filled in accordance with our Employment Equity plan. We also encourage people with disabilities to apply.
Deadline: 13th November 2020