Fresher IT Helpdesk Officer Job Opportunities – Orient Bank
Job Title: IT Helpdesk Officer
Organization: Orient Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Supervisor/Systems
Orient Bank is a leading Private sector commercial bank in Uganda since 1993. Its steady growth over the last 20 years can be attributed to its professional management and prudent Lending and investment policy. The confidence in Orient Bank of the Ugandan business community in particular and the public in general, is reflected in its large deposit base. In November 2002 Orient Bank made another first in this economy by successfully out competing other Banks in taking over TransAfrica Bank Ltd., (TABL).
Job Summary: The IT Helpdesk Officer will provide first line technical service Desk support within the bank’s ICT service.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as a single point of contact for staff regarding technology issues and queries and provide first and second line support.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve technical hardware and/or software issues.
- Provide quick resolution and excellent customer service.
- Redirect unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel.
- Provide needed information on IT products or services. Log, maintain and take ownership of issues in the Help Desk system and provide appropriate reporting information.
- Provide feedback on processes and make recommendations on areas to improve.
- Maintain technical documentation and service catalog on installation of software, configuration of hardware and problem troubleshooting.
- Maintain an asset (hardware & software) database and track changes.
- Ensure that all necessary reports and information are prepared on time and to the highest standard of accuracy.
- Carry out End of Day functions on the banking applications.
- Maintain security of the bank’s IT assets and the safety, confidentially and integrity of data held within bank’s computer systems
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a BSc. in Computer Science / Information Technology or Degree in any field plus postgraduate qualification in IT/Computer Science
- One year of demonstrated experience in an IT related role.
- Analytical Skills/ Problem solving Knowledge of the operating systems used in the bank
- Knowledge of the network design Knowledge of the minimum space required for the system to Understanding of Backup recovery procedures
- Knowledge of procedure run up and data for installation and configuration of data bases Understanding of System development cycles
- Demonstrated good customer service orientation
- Good communication skills
- Ability to quickly troubleshoot and resolve/ escalate issues as required
How to Apply:
All interested candidates who meet the criteria indicated above are requested to send their applications, and updated Curriculum Vitae to the following email: email@example.com
Deadline: 3rd March 2021 by 5:00pm
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Missed This Job? or Interested in more?. See List of Current Job Vacancies / Opportunities in Uganda
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY COMPANY
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY ROLE