Fresher IT Lab Attendant Intern Jobs – Uganda Christian University (UCU)
Job Title: IT Lab Attendant Intern
Organisation: Uganda Christian University (UCU)
Duty Station: Mukono, Uganda
Reports to: Head-Infrastructure
Uganda Christian University was founded when the historic Bishop Tucker Theological College was promoted as a university in 1997. Bishop Tucker Theological College trained clergy and educators during its 84-year history from 1913-1997. The local chief, Hamu Mukasa, granted land for the college to operate in Mukono. International partnerships were part of the College’s missionary history. The Church Mission Society teamed with Ugandan leaders and others to assure the College had the necessary intellectual and other capital. By the late 1990s, the Church of Uganda sought to have a broader impact on society through the higher education – not only of clergy but of other professionals as well. Uganda Christian University was established in 1997.
Job Summary: The IT Lab Attendant Intern will take proper care and stewardship of designated IT lab facilities with little supervision, especially at locations which are distant from the central UIS location. The IT Lab Attendant Intern is responsible for providing support to students and other users of the designated IT labs. This role is essential for preventing theft or misuse, better availability, security, reliable operation and optimal use of lab facilities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide operational and technical support for IT lab facilities.
- Under the supervision of the Head Infrastructure (and sometimes Head Systems), install equipment & software required in the IT labs.
- To arrange for the required servicing and repair of IT Lab equipment.
- To perform routine audits on systems and software.
- To answer user queries relating to use of the IT Lab.
- To document the configuration of lab equipment and any changes.
- To ensure optimum operation of the Lab facilities.
- To ensure the efficient flow of information between the Lab owner department and UIS technical team leaders.
- To carry out any other work as assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The IT Lab Attendant Intern must hold a good Bachelor’s degree or a Diploma in Information Technology from a recognized institution of learning.
- One year of working experience in a reputable organization.
- Ability to quickly learn other software used for teaching such as accounting software, video editing software etc.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Should be able to work beyond conventional working hours and on weekends.
- Should be a committed and practicing Christian of high integrity.
How to Apply:
All qualified candidates should send two (2) copies of an application letter clearly demonstrating suitability together with updated Curriculum Vita and three references. Please attach copies of academic and professional certificates and transcripts on each application. Send to:
The Manager, Human Resource & Administration,
Uganda Christian University,
P.O. Box 4, Mukono, Uganda
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: All online applications must be sent in one PDF attachment.
Deadline: 25th June 2018 by 5:00 pm