Fresher Legal Assistant Job Careers – UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI)
Job Title: Legal Assistant
Organization: UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Branch Manager
UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI) is a registered financial institution in Uganda and is adherent to the Central Bank’s regulations and guidelines and was founded in 1994 to provide quality microfinance services.
Job Summary: The Legal Assistant will actively contribute to the UGAFODE’s overall performance objectives. The Legal Assistant will actively contribute to the institution’s performance objectives through managing the movement, custody, perfection and registration of securities as well as following up on the debt recovery process with the External Debt Recovery Agents.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct legal due diligence and verifying the authenticity of the client’s securities.
- Properly manage the custody of securities and any other relevant documents thereto by closely monitoring the movement of securities and accurately updating the security Register accordingly.
- The jobholder will also process the charges and payment for the perfection and registration of securities both at head office and at the branches
- Secure the interests of the Company by filing, perfecting and registering the securities and supporting documents in a timely manner ensuring no loss or misplacement of the same.
- Keenly follow up the retrieval of all securities and supporting documents with the relevant offices and stakeholders such as external lawyers, Registrars, clerks, among others.
- Provide support in the preparation, monitoring, and filing, following up and updating the Institution of the cases.
- Assist in the preparation of case summaries, pleadings, mediation conferences, hearings, witness, and evidence among others.
- Advise and update the Institution on emerging trends in the relevant Laws, Policies, Guidelines and any other relevant public information. .
- Assist in training of the staff on the various legal aspects of the business as well as providing guidance and interpretation of the relevant Laws. .
- Institute and follow up on the debt recovery process in liaison with Debt Collection Agents
- Provide advice to the Institution on its Policies, operations, loan processing and disbursement
- Assist in drafting and reviewing of contracts, loan documents and any other legal instruments.
- Assist in the preparation of legal advice and opinions to the Institution as and when a matter arises.
- Preparation of quarterly reports on the status of the department.
- Perform any other duties assigned from time to time
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the UGAFODE Legal Assistant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Law, Post Graduate Diploma in legal practice.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in the legal field preferably in a financial institution.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Highly energetic and ability to be active throughout and willingness to learn
- High level of honesty, integrity and confidentiality
- Excellent communication skills and high level of customer care
- Willingness to work long hours with minimum supervision
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applicationswhich should include a motivation letter and an up-to-date detailed CV, certified copies of complete academic transcripts and professional certificates. Your applications should include names of three professional referees and a day-time telephone contact. Send them to:
Head of Human Resources,
UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI),
Silva Arcade, Plot 62 Bombo Road,
P.O. Box 30815, Kampala. Uganda
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Please indicate the position you are applying for)
Deadline: 23rd May 2017