Fresher Logistics/IT Intern NGO Jobs – ACTED (Agency for Technical Cooperation and Development)
Job Title: Logistics/IT Intern
Organization: ACTED (Agency for Technical Cooperation and Development)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Logistics Officer
ACTED (Agency for Technical Cooperation and Development) is a non-governmental organization created in 1993. Independent, private and not-for-profit, ACTED respects a strict political and religious impartiality and operates according to non-discrimination and transparency principles. ACTED’s vocation is to support vulnerable populations worldwide and to accompany them in the construction of a better future. The programmes implemented by ACTED in Africa, Asia, Middle East and Latin America/Caribbean, aim at addressing the needs of the populations affected by wars, natural catastrophes and/or economic and social crisis. ACTED has been present in Uganda since 2007, and currently implements its interventions in Karamoja, West Nile, South West and Northern Uganda
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures that organization Procurement Guidelines are strictly applied;
- Collects all the day-to-day order forms and ensures the timely procurement of project and office necessary goods and services, in a transparent and accountable manner;
- Collect quotations from the market respecting the specifications of the request and purchase procedure.
- Handle procurement according to procurement scenarios requirement.
- Ensure transportation for the item to the requester by coordinating with the user departments.
- Get a receipt against the delivery. (way bill, internal delivery note, reception…)
- Management of all administrative aspects and all paper work in logistic department;
- Follow-up of the orders from with program managers and head of departments;
- Follow-up of the deliveries of consignments, being continually in touch with stock keepers to ensure that the deliveries are being done promptly, pushing the contractors to carry out their responsibilities;
- Follow-up of the FLAT folders, making sure that every contract has all supporting documents attached;
- Keeping a computerized track of all purchases- OFU and Assist(ACTED online);
- Working closely with Finance department regarding allocation of purchases and reparation of vehicles;.
- Management of assets, controlling and checking that the asset’s inventory and follow-up is being properly done;
- Inventory management following ACTED warehouse management procedures.
- Install and configure computer hardware operating systems and applications
- Monitor and maintain computer systems and networks
- Talk staff or clients through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the phone, to help set up systems or resolve issues
- Troubleshoot system and network problems, diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults
- Replace parts as required
- Provide support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports
- Follow diagrams and written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system
- Support the roll-out of new applications
- Set up new users’ accounts and profiles and deal with password issues
- Respond within agreed time limits to call-outs
- Work continuously on a task until completion (or referral to third parties, if appropriate)
- Prioritize and manage many open cases at one time
- Rapidly establish a good working relationship with customers and other professionals, such as software developers
- Test and evaluate new technology
- Conduct electrical safety checks on computer equipment.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the ACTED Logistics/IT Intern job must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, procurement and Information Technology.
- One year of experience in Procurement, Logistics and Information Technology especially with NGO is an added advantage.
- Ability to travel and work under pressure
- Very good communication skills (both spoken and written) and ability to work as a team player
- Computer Literacy Skills- Ms Excel, Ms Word.
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Strong team spirit
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are invited to send their applications accompanied by detailed CV and daytime telephone numbers of three professional referees to Uganda.firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line should read Logistics Intern.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 9th January 2019 by 5.00pm.