Fresher Logistics Officer NGO Jobs – Windle International Uganda (WIU)
Job Title: Logistics Officer
Organization: Windle International Uganda (WIU)
Funding Source: United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Administration Officer
Windle International Uganda (WIU) formerly Windle Trust Uganda is a registered INGO whose mission is to promote peace and development in communities through provision and coordination of Education and training for Refugees and people affected by conflict.
Windle International Uganda is the lead partner of UNHCR in implementing Education Projects in Uganda with close collaboration with the Government of Uganda through the Office of the Prime Minister.
Job Summary: The Logistics Officer will perform Logistics tasks according to WIU procedures and policies. The Logistics Officer will be responsible for developing systems that will ensure seamless operations through provision of timely, reliable, cost-effective and highly efficient logistical services and support to all departments and programs. These services will include transport, furniture and equipment, office and field supplies, etc.
He/ She will also manage the organization’s physical assets including motor vehicles
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the Procurement and Logistics Manager to organize all logistical processes, including purchasing, stores management, communications, transport and asset management as well as the related administrative procedures for Windle operations
- Ensure that all WIU procedures are followed during all processes related to stack management and suitable tracking systems are employed and ensure that quality control systems are in place.
- Ensure accountability, transparency, quality control while carrying out Logistics activities
- Supervise Drivers and ensure that vehicles are maintained with relevant insurance and parts
- Develop and ensure implementation of Standard Operating Procedures for the Logistics Management of WIU activities
- Secures price quotations and prepares terms, conditions and/or specifications for prospective purchases when called upon by the Procurement team.
- Participates in bid tabulation, and places orders for materials, equipment, supplies and services
- Analyses logistics related and other purchase contracts and agreements and interprets terms and conditions.
- Manage the purchase, distribution and provision of accountability for Dry Food rations
- Manages inventory to ensure it is tracked and monitored as well as ensuring that there are no stock outs to inhibit operations across Windle
- Ensures that commodities and services reach the intended beneficiaries and they are acknowledged as per the Windle policies and procedures.
- Ensure that inventory is well managed according to procedure across all settlements.
- Support the settlements in budget development, and pay regular field visits of project areas.
- Conduct Capacity building and mentoring of the logistics Assistants and Logistics representatives at the field level.
- Perform any other duties relevant to the job that may be assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Windle International Uganda (WIU) Logistics Officer job must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Transport and Logistics Management, Procurement and Logistics Management, Business Administration/ Purchasing & Supply together with Professional/ Graduate Diploma in Purchasing & Supplies Management – C.I.P.S or equivalent.
- A strategic thinker with strategy and procurement experience.
- A minimum of two years’ experience leading a procurement team in a demanding work environment, preferably with an International NGO.
- A proactive person with initiative and drive, honest with a high level of integrity; a team-player with good planning skills
- Supplier negotiation skills
- Good analytical skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, MS Word and Power point
- Understanding of procurement and contract laws
- Good drafting skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent organization and coordination skills
- Must be result-oriented
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work under strict deadlines: high calibre time management competency
How to Apply:
All interested applicants should submit their applications including detailed Curriculum Vitae, 2 years’ salary history, copies of academic transcripts and certificates including telephone, email contacts and details of at least three professional referees addressed to:
The Human Resource Manager,
Windle International Uganda,
P.O Box 24230 Kampala, Uganda
Applications must be hand delivered to The Windle House, Plot 726 Nagawa Close, Mawanda Road, Mulago Hill, Kamwokya.
Deadline: 10th January, 2019 by 5pm
- Windle International is an equal opportunity employer; Females, minority groups and People with disabilities who qualify for any of the above vacancies are encouraged to apply.
- No canvassing or lobbying will be tolerated. Individuals found to have done so will immediately be disqualified and black listed.
- Only Shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
University News Updates for 2019 - 2020