Fresher Logistics Officer – Procurement NGO Job Vacancies – Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
Organization: Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across more than 30 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP is a global provider of expertise that contributes to solving challenges in the humanitarian, development and peacebuilding sectors. Our ultimate goal is to strengthen the resilience, and protect the lives, rights and livelihoods of vulnerable people and communities. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Job Summary: The Logistics Officer – Procurement will provide the day to day implementation of the logistic function’s with a specific focus on Procurement.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the procedures, systems and reporting on procurement.
- Responsible for the procurement tracker
- Responsible for procurement specific for Country Office
- Support on tender and bid processes at the Country Office
- Support on procurement from Area Offices
- Support on processes and follow up on pre-selection of providers and framework agreements.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) Logistics Officer – Procurement job must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in procurement/logistics or equivalent.
- Possession of CIPS qualification will be an added advantage.
- At least two years’ experience from working as a procurement officer in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Experience with procurement procedures and regulations.
- Hands on experience handling big procurements using online platforms
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Must be fluent in English, both written and verbal
- Able to work with minimum supervision.
- Good Negotiation skills
- Good Interpersonal skills
NB: Shortlisting will be done on a rolling basis, candidates are advised to apply ASAP. Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates who wish to join NRC in the aforementioned capacity should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 25th July 2020