Fresher Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant UNHCR Project Jobs – Windle International Uganda (WIU)
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant
Organization: Windle International Uganda (WIU)
Funding Source: United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Settlement Manager (Administrative Supervisor)
Windle International Uganda (WIU) formerly Windle Trust Uganda is a registered INGO whose mission is to promote peace and development in communities through provision and coordination of Education and training for Refugees and people affected by conflict.
Windle International Uganda is the lead partner of UNHCR in implementing Education Projects in Uganda with close collaboration with the Government of Uganda through the Office of the Prime Minister.
Job Summary: The Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant is responsible for conducting M&E activities as per work plan for all activities implemented. The M&E Assistant is responsible for conducting M&E activities as per work plan for all activities implemented in field base province. The Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant reports to the Regional M&E Officer and the Settlement Manager and will be primarily responsible for the implementation of the field base level program monitoring and evaluation activities on a regular basis. S/he will be responsible for the collection and analysis of different data in relation to project activities implemented in field base.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Data Compilation and Management:
- Compile, clean and check data for accuracy before it’s entered into the Education data base system.
- Participate in collection of data
- Evaluate trends of enrolment and educational data
- Compute the education efficient indicators in the settlement.
- Enter valid and accurate data into the system
- Support the analysis of data in line with the M&E framework
- Check, verify and validate data relating to education
- Share accurate data with the Settlement Manager, Regional M&E Officer and other authorized persons
Problem assessments and Gap analysis and research:
- Participate in conducting Education Gap analysis.
- Summarize the gap analysis for the entire settlement.
- Participate in authorized research studies that will enable the organisation identify new program areas.
- Participate in the training of field staff in monitoring of activities (process)
- Support the coordination and execution of events in the department such as, training, collecting and disseminating relevant information on monitoring, evaluation and research.
- Assist Regional M&E Officers with guidance and support to in the development and implementation of monitoring tools, which will include, but not be limited to, data collection, analysis and reporting on program indicators;
Tracking of students
- Record and track daily attendance of students/ pupils in all schools
- Track enrolment trends
Support schools with data management
- Ensure that all schools have class registers and admission books are available and well used.
- Compile and monitor pupils’ termly enrolment statistics for the various schools and note any variations.
- Ensure that the Head teachers keep records of pupils’ and teachers’ daily attendance in all schools.
- Ensure that the head teachers monitor and keep records of school enrolment data, school property like textbooks, furniture.
- Ensure that the class registers are dully filled and properly utilized by the teachers.
- Submit weekly and monthly updates on the Field M&E progress to the Regional M&E Officer.
- Submit attendance and enrolment reports monthly
- Support in preparing weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual programmatic performance reports.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Windle International Uganda (WIU) Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant job must hold a degree in statistics, quantitative economics and Economics, computer science or any other related courses.
- Specialized Training in Monitoring and Evaluation or Project Planning from a Recognized Institution of Learning is a necessity
- A Post graduate Diploma in M&E would be an added advantage
- A minimum of one year of progressive experience gained within a humanitarian NGO is preferred.
- Superior Computer Skills
- Excellent planning, analytical, conceptual and organization skills.
- Strong analytical and documentation skills
- Proven knowledge of Uganda Education systems and rich networks with Key District Education officials.
- Able and willing to live, work, travel in fast-paced and hard to reach environment adhering to strict security guidelines.
- Ability to work independently and proactively with minimal supervision.
- Working knowledge of computers in MS Office, Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Experience in the Management of Education
- Good understanding of Ugandan and international education system
- High level of integrity, commitment and professional responsibility.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional relationship with Teachers, parents, students and colleagues
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills, including the ability to work in a multi- cultural setting.
- Excellent communication, organization and presentational skills demonstrated through
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Ability to tolerate cultural, educational and religious diversity in the work place and capacity to work under pressure.
- Ability to work independently within guidelines and clear expectations.
- Ability to work comfortably and efficiently with other students and members of the communities within the Refugee settlement.
How to Apply:
All interested applicants should submit their applications including detailed Curriculum Vitae, 2 years’ salary history, copies of academic transcripts and certificates including telephone, email contacts and details of at least three professional referees addressed to:
The Human Resource Manager,
Windle International Uganda,
P.O Box 24230 Kampala, Uganda
Applications must be hand delivered to The Windle House, Plot 726 Nagawa Close, Mawanda Road, Mulago Hill, Kamwokya.
Deadline: 10th January, 2019 by 5pm
- Windle International is an equal opportunity employer; Females, minority groups and People with disabilities who qualify for any of the above vacancies are encouraged to apply.
- No canvassing or lobbying will be tolerated. Individuals found to have done so will immediately be disqualified and black listed.
- Only Shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
University News Updates for 2019 - 2020