Fresher Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Assistant NGO Jobs – Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
Organisation: Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Base Manager
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a private, independent, humanitarian organization working on all aspects of the refugee cause in more than 36 countries throughout the world. The aim of DRC is to protect refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs) against persecution and to promote durable solutions to the problems of forced migration, on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights. DRC works in accordance with the UN Conventions on Refugees and the Code of Conduct for the ICRC and NGOs in Disaster Relief.
Job Summary: The Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Assistant will conduct/implement comprehensive monitoring, evaluation and learning initiatives of DRC program in Rhino Camp, to ensure that Project activities meet the highest standards possible, and contribute to improving the capacity resilience of persons of concerns in Westnile.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare annual project monitoring plan
- Develop and share with all sectors performance indicators
- Conduct routine project implementation monitoring and share monthly monitoring reports
- Conduct Baseline assessment, midterm and Endline evaluation for all new projects
- Represent DRC in joint partners’ coordination meetings and performance monitoring and assessments
- Conduct data quality, take lead in the data management, reporting and presenting the report before stakeholders.
- Take lead in identifying and/or conducting learning events
- Take lead in documenting key success stories, best practices and lessons from projects
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Assistant job must hold a University degree in statistics, economics, social sciences or related discipline
- MEAL training is an added advantage
- At least two years of MEAL experience with International humanitarian organization or NGO field.
- Technical skills in monitoring and evaluation and experience with both qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis.
- Analytical, presentation, and report writing skills.
- Experience using software applications such as Excel, Access, or statistics software such as SPSS, STATA.
- Previous experience with electronic or mobile data collection
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Excellent skills in the use of computers (MS Word, Excel, outlook Power Point).
- Languages: Excellent oral and writing skills in English. Knowledge of the local languages spoken in the operation area is an asset.
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their online applications at the link below.
Deadline: 24th January 2020