Fresher ODK Programmer NGO Jobs – PATH
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
Job Summary: PATH is recruiting a Local ODK Programmer to serve as the local data manager on behalf of PATH and to work closely and directly with the Uganda MOH to assure all electronic data collection aspects of the study are implemented successfully. The scope of work covers key tasks related to electronic data collection using tablets and the ODK platform, in collaboration with the Uganda MOH and PATH.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The local ODK Programmer will lead, organize, and coordinate the set-up, use, maintenance, and data quality assurance for the electronic data collection activities for this study in accordance with the study protocol and in collaboration with the local study coordinator, staff from MOH, and PATH.
- Collaborate with local study coordinator and the Uganda MOH on activities related to data collection, use of tablets for data collection, and the management of ODK-programmed data collection tools.
- Validate the two pre-programmed questionnaires using the ODK tool.
- Customize ODK interface to “hide” questions on both health facility and administrative questionnaires that may not be relevant to the Uganda context, based on feedback from pilot testing.
- Download and install the most recent ODK versions of the study tools onto each tablet that will be used for data collection and ensure that the tools are functioning correctly.
- Create ODK training slides for data collectors including training on how to navigate the ODK Collect app on Android tablets, how to access forms, complete forms, save forms and upload forms.
- Attend the study training sessions for data collectors to provide ODK-related training and assistance to the data collectors.
- Provide ongoing remote technical support and troubleshooting assistance to the study team during data collection to resolve any issues related to ODK or the tablets.
- Conduct quality assurance checks on the data uploaded from data collectors and provide summary reports on the number and sections of completed questionnaires uploaded onto the server.
- Provide the local study team with any support needed to resolve any issues with the completed data on ODK, such as making sure only the final versions of the data are on the server and the field-testing data are deleted.
- Expected level of effort – Up to 120 hours totaling to utmost 15 days, with fluctuations in number of hours per week depending upon study activities.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must have qualifications in IT, Computer science or any related field.
- Experience in developing android data collection apps such as ODK
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of vaccines and immunization program is an added advantage
- Flexibility to work beyond the expected local time zones especially for purposes of coordination with international partners whose time zones differ from the local one.
- Experience in ODK app development
- Knowledge of Vaccines and immunization program in Uganda
- Experience in conducting trainings and supervision of electronic data collection using ODK.
How to Apply:
All candidates should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 14th June 2021 by 5:00pm
Missed This Job? or Interested in more?. See List of Current Job Vacancies / Opportunities in Uganda