Fresher Office Administrator Job Vacancies – Uganda Veterinary Board (UVB)
Organization: Uganda Veterinary Board (UVB)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Secretary/Registrar, Uganda Veterinary
The Uganda Veterinary Board ( UVB ) is a statutory body responsible for regulating the veterinary profession and practice in Uganda. The UVB has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and innovative person to join and assist in establishing systems working closely with the Board. This permanent position is well suited to an individual that is looking at advancing their career in administration and gain experience in regulatory affairs.
Job Summary: The Office Administrator will be responsible for the day to day running of the UVB Office. As in-charge of the UVB office, the administrator will work closely with the Secretary/Registrar Board
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- General office management to ensure effective and efficient handling of office operations and meetings of the Board
- Implement the marketing and communication strategies of the UVB
- Managing schedules and itineraries
- Preparing activity reports and accountabilities
- Maintaining functionality and safe custody of UVB property
- Assisting the Board in development and implementation of the funding strategy and fund mobilization activities.
- Assist Board members whenever necessary.
- Perform any other duties or assignments as designated by the UVB Secretary/Registrar.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree from a reputable university with at least 2 years’ experience.
- A person of integrity with excellent time management and work ethics
- Excellent IT, social, communication, interpersonal abilities, numeracy and organizational skills
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment;
- Possess a valid Uganda Driving Permit
- An understanding of the fundamentals of the veterinary industry in particular regulation
- Knowledge of the animal sector
- Experience associated with the veterinary sector will be an added advantage
How to Apply:
All interested candidates please send Applications and CVs to email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Deadline: 7th August 2020