Fresher Office Assistant Job Opportunities – Relief International (RI)
Job Title: Office Assistant
Organization: Relief International (RI)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Relief International is an international nonprofit organization whose sole mission is to reduce human suffering. We respond to natural disasters, humanitarian emergencies and chronic poverty. Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach — which we call the RI Way—emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships, and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them.
Job Summary: The Office Assistant will be responsible for supporting the day to day running of all the administrative functions in the office. He/ She will perform quite arrange of administrative duties while working closely with the team base in various field locations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performing general office clerk duties and errands.
- Organizing travel by booking accommodations and reservations needs as required.
- Organize office meetings and conferences.
- Organize travel logistics for the Country Director and RI International visitors.
- Manage daily and schedule meetings and appointments for the Country Director.
- Perform receptionist duties (reception of visitors, handling of incoming and other communication).
- Organize and maintain office hygiene to a required office standard and assist associates in ways that optimize procedures.
- Manage office supplies.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Relief International Office Assistant job should preferably hold a Higher diploma or associate degree from a recognized institution.
- Proven experience as office assistant or in any other relevant administrative role.
- Working knowledge of office equipment.
- Thorough understanding of office management procedures.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Analytical abilities and aptitude in problem-solving.
- Warm personality
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should endeavor to submit a cover letter, CV, copies of academic certificates/ transcripts, and three competent referees, to: The Human Resource Officer, Relief International-Uganda. Email: UgandaRecruitment@ri.org
Deadline: 9th January 2019