Fresher Officer Research & Development Job Opportunities – Uganda Communications Commission (UCC)
Organisation: Uganda Communications Commission (UCC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Officer Research & Development
The Uganda Communications Commission (UCC) was established to implement the provisions of The UCC Act 2013 Laws of Uganda with a principal goal of developing a modern communications sub-sector and Infrastructure in Uganda, in conformity with the operationalization of the Telecommunications Policy.
Job Summary: The Officer Research & Development will provide technical support to the research unit in research, project coordination, documentation and dissemination of information.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- To conduct basic data collection and entry within the Unit in strict adherence to research protocols.
- To provide day-to-day technical support to the supervisor on ongoing research projects ensuring work plans and timelines are met and that data quality is high;
- To participate in basic and background research in projects in the unit by identifying appropriate research techniques and methods that can support the research team;
- To participate in the preparation of research instruments, data analysis, report writing and dissemination of on-going research findings in a timely manner;
- To proactively initiate and or participate in the writing of proposals to donors to secure extra funding for research and service development processes;
- To conduct research and provide input to papers on varied subjects as defined by Management from time to time for use by the Commission.
- To participate in the conduct of feasibility studies, market research and intelligence on current and new innovations in the communication sector and generate reports, in line with the department’s work plan.
- To co-ordinate responses to external and internal research inquiries from colleagues, government departments and agencies as well as the general public;
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Uganda Communications Commission (UCC) Officer Research & Development job placement should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Statistics, Social Sciences or related field.
- At least two years of hands-on relevant experience in the field of socio-economic research and service or product development in a similar corporate environment and reputable organization.
- Previous experience at a senior level will be an added advantage.
- Proficiency in STATA, SPSS and Advanced Excel;
- Proficiency in Research Methods, Product and service development processes;
- Information and data management.
- Business Alignment.
- Proficiency in the use of offline and online data collection tools
- High degree of Integrity;
- Excellent research and report writing skills;
- Ability to drive continuous improvement and innovation;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Good presentation skills and must be able to meet set deadlines.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should apply online at the link below
Deadline: 17th March 2021
Missed This Job? or Interested in more?. See List of Current Job Vacancies / Opportunities in Uganda