Fresher Planning Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning Officer NGO Jobs – Stromme Foundation East Africa (SFEA)
Organisation: Stromme Foundation East Africa (SFEA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: PMEAL Advisor
Stromme Foundation East Africa (SFEA) is the Eastern Africa regional office for the Norwegian based international development organization, Stromme Foundation (SF). Established in 1976 to continue the great work initiated by a Norwegian Pastor, Olav Kristian Stramme who had a desire to help people in need, the organization is currently operating in eleven (11) countries located in the regions of Asia, West and East Africa.
Job Summary: The Planning Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning (PMEAL) Officer will be responsible for providing guidance in monitoring and evaluation, learning and quality improvement. The incumbent will be tasked with ensuring that there is regular program data entered in the regional database, verified for completeness and accuracy for reporting and learning.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support and guidance to partners in areas of data collection, management, reporting and utilization for program improvement.
- Coach, train and mentor partner PMEAL staff with the aim of strengthening their technical capacity in conjunction with the PMEAL Advisor.
- Work with the PMEAL Advisor to develop the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning plan to contribute to the development of the results framework for the Unit
- Support the documentation of the best practices, facilitate decision making and share lessons for advocacy.
- Contribute to the development of the regional database to ensure timely, complete and accurate data is entered.
- Provide feedback to the partners and program teams on program performance based on monitoring data findings.
- Support development and regular update of M&E tools to track performance indicator data.
- Work with the PMEAL Advisor on development and coordination of regional work plans and work plan review reports.
- Conduct regular data validation through routine data quality assessments for supported partners.
- Participate in regular surveys and research studies to track impact and draw learnings.
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned by the PMEAL Advisor or Regional Leadership Team members.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a good bachelor’s degree preferably in statistics, economics, social sciences or any other relevant discipline from a recognized university.
- Post-graduate training in M&E will be an added advantage.
- At least two years of working experience in monitoring and evaluation especially in education and livelihoods programs.
- Advanced knowledge and training monitoring and evaluation including strategic frameworks, database management, use of digital software and statistical packages.
- Strong research, analytical and writing skills
How to Apply:
Application letter with copies of academic credentials, testimonials and a detailed curriculum Vitae (CV) indicating contact details of 3 (three) referees should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or hand deliver your application to the office on Plot 25, Bukoto Street-Kamwokya. Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: 24th May 2019
University News Updates for 2019 - 2020