Fresher Policy and Advocacy Officer Jobs – Advocacy Coalition for Sustainable Agriculture (ACSA)
Organization: Advocacy Coalition for Sustainable Agriculture (ACSA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Advocacy Coalition for sustainable Agriculture (ACSA) is a national network of civil society organizations providing sustainable agriculture, agricultural market development, research and advocacy aiming at increasing farmer’s understanding and policy issues affecting small holder farmers in Uganda. ACSA is seeking to recruit a National Coordinator to support the fulfilment of her mandate, which is [HE1]”Advocating for the agrarian policy environment for small holder farmers in Uganda” among 29 CSOs.
ACSA has got funding from Misereor – Germany to implement a three-year project under the title “Influencing Agrarian Policy Environment in Uganda for better service delivery”, commencing in August 2019.
Job Summary: The Policy and Advocacy Officer will liaise with private and public institutions to influence a friendly agrarian policy environment in Uganda. The ideal candidate should be a good organizer / mobilize and willing to network with both public and private sectors with a passion to improve the quality of life of smallholder farmers. The candidate will contribute to the design of innovative and multi-sectoral interventions that lead to friendly agrarian policies in Uganda.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organize and conduct meetings, fora, conferences and seminars to inform ACSA member organizations agrarian related policy issues
- Develop position papers with ACSA member organizations and other stakeholders about agrarian policies in Uganda
- Plan and budget for ACSA monthly / quarterly advocacy activities
- Write progressive reports and present them to the National Coordinator
- Engage in advocacy activities related to agrarian policies organized by other stakeholders
- Be a focal person for advocacy related issues on different platforms
- Be a good resource mobilizer
- Disseminate information on agrarian practices to other practitioners using media channels.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor of Arts in Social Sciences
- Experience and Knowledge of Policy and Advocacy
- Resource mobilization skills
- Basic Sustainable Agriculture Skills
- Computer literacy
- Report writing skills
- Ability to drive a car is an added advantage
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively in the project areas nationally
- High proficiency in spoken and written English.
How to Apply:
Please submit a letter of application with curriculum vitae, names and addresses (including telephone/e-mail) of three referees, and date of availability. You can send your application addressed to: The ACSA Chairman Board of Directors, P. O. Box 21556, Kampala or by email, stating the job title in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or hand – deliver your application to Caritas Kampala Offices at Nsambya, plot No. 1538/39 Old Ggaba road between Monday and Friday during working hours (9:00 AM to 5:00 PM).
Deadline: 17th July 2019
Latest Ugandan Jobs and Vacancies