Fresher Program Administrative Assistant US NGO Jobs – International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Organisation: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Uganda
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is an international non-governmental organization founded in 1933. IRC works in 28 countries providing relief, protection, and resettlement assistance to refugees and displaced populations. IRC was registered in Uganda in mid-1998 and implements rehabilitation activities in the sectors of Child and Youth Protection and Development, Economic Recovery and Development, Health and Women Protection and Empowerment. IRC Uganda has a head office in Kampala, field offices in Kitgum, Moroto, Yumbe, Imvepi, and Kyaka II,
Job Summary: Under the supervision of the M&E officer, the Program Administrative Assistant will act as the focal point for all Programs staff under the APEAL Project ie WPE & PRoL department providing administrative support and handling their queries. He/She will handle office stock, preparing regular purchase requests, payment requests and reports, preparing periodic procurement plans, organizing and maintaining program records. He/She should have knowledge and understanding of handling of office equipment and tools.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Draft and follow up on office purchase and payment requests for the Programs team ie manage program/office supplies through receiving and making release orders
- Support the Managers within WPE and Protection sectors to review PR tracking sheets shared by supply chain on weekly basis.
- Participate in the development of quarterly procurement plan for WPE & PRoL departments.
- Act as a liaison between Program, Supply Chain, Finance, HR and Program departments
- Organize a filing system for all program documentations while adhering to IRC confidentiality policies.
- Maintain program calendar and schedule appointments
- Book and/or schedule meetings and training venues for Program activities as and when need arises.
- Liaise with Managers in the Programs department to schedule in-house and external events.
- Work with the Managers in Program department to ensure staff submit their timesheets to HR in time.
- Support Program Managers in partnership with the HR Personnel to handle program staff leave database in accordance with IRC regulations.
- Ensure relevant information concerning staff is shared with HR/Admin Personnel on a regular basis where need be.
- Communicate any staff welfare concerns to the HR/Admin Officer when needed on a regular basis.
- Perform any other duties assigned by Supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Social Work and Social Administration, Social sciences or any other related field of study.
- At least two years of relevant professional experience in program administration
- Previous working experience with an international NGO in a cross-cultural setting, preferably with programs sector is an added advantage.
- Works well and collaboratively with team members and people of different cultures, gender and backgrounds to achieve results.
- Multi-tasker, flexible and prepared to work additional hours when needed
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Ability to work well under pressure in changing environments, yet remain productive and focused;
- Good computer knowledge and skills including Microsoft Excel, Access, Word, Outlook, and Power Point.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 30th May 2021
Missed This Job? or Interested in more?. See List of Current Job Vacancies / Opportunities in Uganda
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY COMPANY
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY ROLE