Fresher Program Assistant, Advocacy and Public Policy Job Careers – PATH
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, finance, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales innovative solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
Job Summary: The Program Assistant, Advocacy and Public Policy will support the teams in the implementation of PATH’s policy and advocacy work in Uganda.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with Program leads to support national and sub national engagements with policy makers at national and sub national level and engagements with beneficiaries.
- Work with program leads to assist in all aspects of programming including events organizing and management.
- Work with Program leads to support research related to APP related outcomes in the country.
- Support mobilization for key events at national and sub national level.
- Assist Program leads to organize logistics for meetings, training’s and events.
- Update and share with teams monthly /quarterly travel logs.
- Prepare and submit to finance mobile money wallets for participants during workshops or meetings.
- Support communication work related to APP.
- Supports in taking minutes and report writing during meetings/workshops.
- Managing program files for the department, including uploading and tagging of documents in department library on SharePoint and filing hard copies of documents.
- Monitor office supplies and make procurement requests as necessary.
- Follows up on invoices from vendors and submits to finance for payment.
- Take attendance registrations during workshops and meetings.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelors’ degree in a related field
- A minimum of two years of experience in a similar position.
- Excellent communication skills. Fluency in English, written and oral required. Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Advanced computer skills in a Windows-based environment including word, outlook, PowerPoint and Excel. Willingness to learn new software
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a member of a diverse team
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Superior relationship-building skills
- Courteous and professional manner
- Multicultural sensitivity
- Ability to maintain a calm and professional attitude under pressure or constantly shifting priorities
- Must have legal authorization to work in Uganda.
How to Apply:
All candidates should apply online at the link below.