Fresher Program Officer CP/CRG NGO Job Vacancies – Save the Children International
Organization: Save the Children International
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Save the Children International is an international relief organization that was established in the United Kingdom in 1919 to improve the lives of children through better education, health care, and economic opportunities, as well as providing emergency aid in natural disasters, war, and other conflicts.
Job Summary: The Program Officer CP/CRG takes responsibility for providing technical guidance, implementation, mentorship, monitoring, reporting and providing synergy of field and district level activities on Child Protection and Child Rights Governance. The staff will also build capacity of our community resource persons in CP and CRG and support the establishment of an effective and responsive system to CP. The staff will also maintain and manage the OVC MIS Database for SC in their Region.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder may be called upon to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Save the Children International Program Officer CP/CRG job placement must have three years of progressive experience in social development programs specifically Child Protection and/ or Child Rights Governance
- Experience of working with local partners and District Local Government in the delivery Child Protection program delivery education and amongst youth
- Demonstrable financial, planning and budget management skills a MUST. Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Relevant experience in mobilising communities to participate in community development activities.
- Willingness to travel and work in hard-to-reach areas, occasionally under strenuous conditions.
- Ability to speak local language and directly interact with target group will be an added advantage
- Demonstrated knowledge of international and local policies and frameworks relating to their thematic area is a must.
- Ability to intervene with crisis management or troubleshooting as necessary.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching
- Excellent time management and planning capacity
- Excellent planning, coordination and reporting skills, with the ability to organize a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities
- Computer literacy and excellent documentation skills are a must.
- Availability and willingness to work extra hours and flexibility to be deployed for Humanitarian Response.
How to Apply:
All candidates should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 10th December 2020
Missed This Job? or Interested in more?. See List of Current Job Vacancies / Opportunities in Uganda
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY COMPANY
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY ROLE