Fresher Program Officer – Governance Job Opportunities – Ministry of Health
Organisation: Ministry of Health
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The Ministry of Health (MOH) has received a grant from the Center for Diseases Control and Prevention (CDC) Cooperative Agreement (CoAg), a strategic mechanism of the United States Government (USG) to implement activities in line with its mandate in support of the Public health response to HIV/AIDS and other health systems. CDC will be supporting a pool of Human Resources that are expected to lead the implementation of the grant. The staff to be recruited under this grant will be contracted by the MOH.
Job Summary: The Program Officer – Governance will be providing technical guidance in the coordination and programming for the Regional Referral Hospital and District mechanisms.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participating in developing policies, plans, strategies, guidelines and standards for Regional Referral Hospital and district health facilities.
- Providing technical assistance and guiding the process of budgeting and operational planning.
- Providing technical support in program management to a broad portfolio of Regional Referral Hospital, Implementing Partners and District health facilities.
- Managing collaborations and linkages on program activities with Public Private Partnerships, Government entities, Non-government Organizations and communities.
- Preparing periodic performance reports.
- Guiding, supervising, monitoring and coordinating staff activities.
- Supporting research initiatives.
- Participating in capacity building and development activities targeting Regional Referral Hospital districts health facilities and other health workers at various levels.
- Coordinating meetings with Regional Referral Hospital, Implementing Partners and other key stakeholders
- Participating in the development of policies, plans and guidelines.
- Providing technical assistance in the budgeting process.
- Managing collaborations with stakeholders and ensuring that program activities are delivered.
- Preparing periodic reports.
- Coordinating and implementing meetings.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Master’s degree in Social Sciences, Public Health or Epidemiology from a recognized university OR Institution.
- Honors degree in Social Sciences, Arts or the equivalent from a recognized University/Institution
- Six (6) years relevant working experience in implementing public health and Regional Referral Hospital and District level support, with at least three (3) years at national level.
- Training in health management areas
- Trainings in social research methods and Behavior change communication for health from reputable institutions will be an added advantage
- Three (3) years relevant working experience in implementing HIV & AIDS related programs at national or regional level
- Demonstrated leadership and supervision skills.
- Team work, excellent communication & writing skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of strategic planning and understanding of the strategic direction of MoH and PEPFAR programmes.
- Demonstrated advanced level skills in various computer packages
How to Apply:
All candidates should send handwritten applications should be Hand Delivered to the Central Registry of the MOH Headquarters-Kampala between 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday to Friday addressed to:
The Permanent Secretary,
Ministry of Health Headquarters (Central Registry),
Plot 6, Lourdel Road, Wandegeya
Tel. +256417-712260/ +256417-712221
Please include your telephone number and email contacts on the application. Applicants should attach the following:
- Recent passport-size photograph.
- Copy of the National Identity Card.
- Detailed curriculum Vitae.
- Certified copies of the academic certificates and transcripts.
- Two recommendation letters from two of the most recent supervisors/employers.
- A photocopy of your appointment letter for your most recent position.
Deadline: Friday, 10th September 2021 by 5:00 pm.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The list of shortlisted candidates will be displayed on the MOH Noticeboard
Salary and Benefits: The position has attractive salary and benefits commensurate with qualifications and experience.