Fresher Project Officer – Right Here Right Now NGO Jobs – Reproductive Health Uganda (RHU)
ob Title: Project Officer – Right Here Right Now 2
Organisation: Reproductive Health Uganda (RHU)
Duty Station: Kabarole, Uganda
Reports to: National Coordinator – RHRN
Reproductive Health Uganda (RHU) is a Member Association of the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF), and its core mandate is to champion, provide and enable universal access to rights based Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) information and services to vulnerable and underserved communities and to young people. The role of the engagement with RHU and its partners is to ensure that SRHR are respected, protected and fulfilled as a goal in itself, and as a fundamental means to gender equality, human well-being and sustainable development.
About RHRN2 Project:
The Association is implementing a project entitled; Right Here Right Now2 (RHRN2). The Right Here Right Now (RHRN2) partnership is composed by seven national level CSOs which include a mix of Youth serving and youth led organizations in the country. The project seeks to increase public support for young people’s SRHR, improve policies and laws, and to strengthen civil society. Lobbying and advocacy is the project’s main strategy, supported by mutual capacity strengthening. It is a five-year project effective 1st January 2021- 31st December, 2025, to be implemented in Kampala, Kabarole, Kasese, Mbale, Kapchorwa and Kween Districts.
Job Summary: The Project Officer – Right Here Right Now 2 will be responsible for overseeing the implementation of the Right Here Right Now 2 Project and support the implementing partner(s) accordingly.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Initiate activities that promote the empowerment of young people through the delivery of age appropriate SRHR information and education, creation of public support for young peoples’ SRHR digital and offline environment, policy advocacy for inclusive SRHR environment at subnational, national, regional and international levels and the strengthening of civil society organisation’s SRHR advocacy capacities.
- Undertake program planning and implementation with utmost efficiency in the project areas assigned
- Compile and Submit work plans, budgets, and reports and keep regular contact with the RHRN National Coordinator and Rutgers where required
- Coordinate community based SRHR interventions embedded within the RHRN2 program particularly those targeting School Management Committees, Health Unit Management
- Committees, Health workers, Teachers, Religious leaders, Parents and Youth Peer Education clubs.
- Continuously document best and promising practices exhibited within the program interventions.
- Support the identification and creation of new opportunities and possible linkages with other programmes, donors or organizations as well as fundraising.
- Support club peer education activities for in school and out of school young people including in Universities and selected higher institutions of learning.
- Support efforts to promote the integration of SRHR/CSE into the curriculum of selected higher institutions of learning.
- Support and promote the participation of young people in health thematic working group coordination meetings at the District and National level (DAC, DICAHS, ADH) working group etc.
- Support referrals and follow up of young people SRHR information and service points in their localities.
- Initiate and coordinate community training of School management committees, teachers, Health Unit management committees, health workers parents, religious leaders etc. on young peoples’ SRHR and Youth Friendly services.
- Popularise digital platforms that provide SRHR information and education for young people.
- Support monitoring and evaluation activities including data collection, compilation, reporting (outcome harvesting) for internal progress monitoring and donor reporting.
- Perform any other professional duties as maybe assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in any of the humanities studies including Social sciences, Social Work and Social Administration and Development studies. Post Graduate training in SRHR Advocacy, Public Health, Project Planning and Management will be an added advantage.
- Should have in-depth understanding of the youth SRHR environment of Uganda, strong documentation, coordination and analytical skills.
- Hands on experience in facilitation specifically capacity building trainings for young people, staff and key stakeholders.
- Willingness to contribute and work as part of a team together with capacity to deal with people of diverse cultures.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision and keeping deadlines.
- Willingness to comply with set policies and procedures.
- Computer literate (ability to work with vast social media technologies).
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- The candidate must adhere to the safeguarding reporting and monitoring requirements of this role.
- The candidate must be pro-choice.
How to Apply:
All candidates should submit by post or hand-deliver application letters and attach certified copies of academic transcripts, a detailed Curriculum Vitae and other relevant documents as well the contact addresses (e-mail) of 3 referees including their telephone contacts to:
The Executive Director,
Reproductive Health Uganda,
P.O. Box 10746 Kampala. Uganda
Or hand-deliver at: RHU Head Office, Plot 2, Katego Road, Kamwokya (Opposite Uganda
Email to: email@example.com
Deadline: Friday 21st May, 2021
NB: RHU is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women to apply. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Missed This Job? or Interested in more?. See List of Current Job Vacancies / Opportunities in Uganda
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY COMPANY
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY ROLE