Fresher Protection Assistant US NGO Jobs – International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Organisation: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Protection Officer
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC works with people forced to flee from war, conflict and disaster and the host communities which support them, as well as those who remain within their homes and communities. At work today in over 40 countries and 25 U.S. cities, we improve outcomes in the areas of health, safety, economic wellbeing, education, and power.
Job Summary: The Protection Assistant supports the Protection Officers with the implementation of Protection and Rule of Law program activities in the set‐up of protection interventions in Bidibidi Settlement. She/he will work closely with Community Based Volunteers in leading outreach and mobilization activities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures daily operation of Information and Support Centers (ISCs) in assigned Zone.
- Provides timely feedback on issues and complaints raised by refugees at ISCs.
- Ensures all protection concerns and/or complaints by refugees are accurately assessed and recorded in the intake, either directly assisting and/or referring individual to appropriate service provider. The Protection Assistant will conduct one follow up of the case, according to operating procedures.
- Coordinates with service providers to strengthen referral pathway, including weekly referral/case meetings.
- Works with Protection Officers and Community Based volunteers to conduct protection information and awareness session ‐ community outreaches.
- Maintains and collects data in line with agreed procedures.
- Conducts PSN home visits, assessing needs and ensures adequate referral/assistance provided.
- Work closely with Community Based Volunteers, providing support and guidance in their activities.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must be Educated at Diploma level in a relevant field.
- At least One (1) year of prior professional experience in a similar post, with an international or national NGO. Applicants with significant Volunteering experience in an INGO or NGO of reputable standing may be considered.
- Good awareness of protection issues and the refugee context
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to manage time, prioritize activities and meet deadlines.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently.
- Demonstrates empathy and sensitivity in working with refugees and vulnerable communities
- Flexible and able to work in a dynamic and diverse environment.
- Maintains high levels of confidentiality
- Comfortable using Information technology (Computers, Smart Phones and Tablets).
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 31st May 2022
Missed This Job? or Interested in more?. See List of Current Job Vacancies / Opportunities in Uganda