Fresher Reception Center Assistant NGO Jobs – ALIGHT (formerly American Refugee Committee)
Job Title: Reception Center Assistant
Organization: ALIGHT (formerly American Refugee Committee)
Duty Station: Uganda
ALIGHT, formerly the American Refugee Committee (ARC), is an international nonprofit, nonsectarian organization that has provided humanitarian assistance and training to millions of beneficiaries over the last 40 years. In 2011, Alight helped nearly 2.5 million people get essential services to regain their health and take back control of their lives. Alight works with its partners and constituencies to provide opportunities and expertise to communities of refugees and internally displaced persons in seven countries in Africa, Asia and Europe, including Iraq, Kosovo, and in the Darfur region of Sudan and is currently providing for emergency relief and recovery in Haiti. Alight provides shelter, clean water and sanitation, health care, skills training, microcredit education, protection to help survivors of war and natural disasters to rebuild their lives with dignity, health care, security and self-sufficiency.
Job Summary: The Reception Center Assistant will be responsible for supporting the implementation of effective general management of Transit and Reception Center activities in line with overall ALIGHT programming. He/she will be responsible for conducting a range of activities, including information provision, regular protection and assistance interventions to ensure that new arrivals, asylum seekers and protection cases at the reception center access and enjoy their rights.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that the hot meal preparation and provision at reception center level is done effectively.
- Regularly Check the Reception Centre to ensure that there is enough space for accommodation for POCs.
- Coordinate with protection staffs of ALIGHT, OPM and UNHCR in explaining to the new arrivals the process of relocation to settlements.
- Liaise with ALIGH protection and Community Service staff to provide special attention to UAM/SCs and persons with specific needs (PSNs) such as Disabled and elderly persons.
- Coordinate with ALIGHT / other Partner Protection /Community service staff for the receipt of the relocated Persons of Concern at Reception /Settlement, especially PSNs.
- Record and share the relocation Information actual and against target for onward submission.
- Coordinate with ALIGHTC, OPM and UNHCR staff to assist the new arrivals to Board BUSES/TRUCKS by calling their names and checking their presence as per the relocation list.
- Supervise Casual workers especially those assisting in Loading of Luggage and Shelter Pole distribution.
- Prepare timely activity, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- Contribute to project planning, development of proposals and lessons learned processes.
- Prepare and submit weekly action plan to the supervisor.
- Adhere to the ALIGHT code of conduct.
- Perform any other duties assigned to you.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the ALIGHT Reception Center Assistant job placement must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Arts and Development studies from recognized Institution.
- At least two years’ experience in a similar or relevant role.
- Experience of working with UN or Non-Governmental organizations.
- Good communication skills and ability to conduct training and awareness.
- Computer skills.
- Good organizational and people management skills.
- Strong knowledge of the local population and language.
- Fluency in Swahili and ability to ride a Motorcycle with a Valid License (Class A) is an added advantage.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 17th February 2021
Missed This Job? or Interested in more?. See List of Current Job Vacancies / Opportunities in Uganda
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY COMPANY
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY ROLE