Fresher Regional Referral Community Linkages Officer NGO Job Opportunities – Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI)Fresher Regional Referral Community Linkages Officer NGO Job Opportunities – Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI)
Organization: Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI)
Funding Source: Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)/PEPFAR
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Clinical Care Coordinator
Vacancy Code: RCLO X014
The mission of the Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) is to “Strengthen Health Systems in Africa with strong emphasis on Infectious Diseases through Research and Capacity Development”. IDI has six operational areas through which it works to achieve its mission: Prevention, Care and Treatment, Training, Research, Laboratory services (including the CAP-certified IDI Core Lab & Translational Lab), Global Health Security and Health System Strengthening Programmes.
With funding from Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)/PEPFAR, and in partnership with MoH and respective District Local Governments, IDI is implementing comprehensive HIV/AIDS services in the West Nile region of Uganda under the project “Accelerating and Sustaining HIV Epidemic Control and Related Diseases in West-Nile Region of Uganda under the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), 2020-2025”. The project supports the 12 districts of; Arua, Maracha, Madi-Okollo, Terego, Koboko, Yumbe, Moyo, Obongi, Adjumani, Pakwach, Nebbi and Zombo.
Job Summary: The Regional Referral Community Linkages Officer is responsible for working with Arua RRH and community structures to contribute to improved linkages along the continuum of care and improve retention of all HIV positive clients at the facility. He/she will coordinate activities to support intra/ inter facility linkages and facility – community linkages and CBO engagements with the hospital.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate linkages for PLHIV to care at Arua RRH and other community support services
- Organize inter-facility meetings to address retention challenges
- Support real time follow up for Missed appointments; those eligible for ART initiation and Critical patients
- Proactive follow up of clients of 2 months on ART cohort; for TB treatment completion; MDR and PMTCT mothers and children attending EID clinics
- Documentation of follow up outcomes in HMIS tools
- Strengthen liaison between the hospital CHD and the HIV service units
- Coordination of peer support activities
- Support timely reporting of follow up outcomes by HIV service units
- Establish and functionalize community differentiated care models in the project catchment area
- Coordinate community level activities and partners (e.g. CBOs, PLHIV networks, Community dialogue meetings etc.)
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Social work and social administration or a relevant medical related field
- Post graduate training in HIV/AIDS
- Experience in the field of HIV/AIDS and previous work with PEPFAR funded projects.
- Post graduate diploma in project planning and management will be an added advantage
- Two years of experience in service post internship in a busy clinical HIV/AIDS setting.
- Relevant experience working with CBO’s/CSO’s
- Training in Differentiated service delivery models
- Technical Knowledge of HIV/AIDS and ART
- Communication skills (both oral and written)
- Ability to ride a motorcycle with class A riding permit
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their CVs, including details of email address, present position, current remuneration, Certificate/testimonials and address of three (3) Referees plus telephone contact to the stipulated email address. Email your application and CV to email@example.com
- IDI is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge a recruitment fee or any other fees at any stage of the recruitment process.
- Internal candidates who meet the required specifications and have worked with IDI for a period of at least one year will be given priority.
- Make sure that your application letter, CV (Not more than 4pages) and certificates are attached as one PDF document.
- Indicate the Vacancy Code as the subject line of your email.
- Please note that if you DO NOT indicate the vacancy code as instructed above, your application will not be considered.
- Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Senior Human Resource Manager
Infectious Diseases Institute — IDI Knowledge Centre, Makerere University Main Campus College of Health Sciences, Makerere University
P.O. Box 22418, Kampala, Uganda
Deadline: 4th October 2020