Fresher Registered Nurse Job Opportunities – Sawa HealthCare Group (SHCG) – Old Kampala Hospital
Job Title: Registered Nurse
Organization: Sawa HealthCare Group (SHCG)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Medical Director
Sawa HealthCare Group exists to provide affordable, accessible and quality healthcare services in the communities we serve and to do so in a sustainable manner with the highest level of integrity.
Job Summary: The Registered Nurse will provide care to patients, by providing medical support. The Registered Nurse will provide a comprehensive nursing package that includes preventive, curative and health education to support and encourage a healthy living culture within the target population.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promotes and restores patients’ health by completing the nursing process; collaborating with physicians and multidisciplinary team members; providing physical and psychological support to patients, friends, and families; supervising assigned team members.
- Identifies patient care requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual patients and other persons in a position to understand care requirements.
- Maintains a cooperative relationship among health care teams by communicating information; responding to requests; participating in team problem-solving methods.
- Establishes a compassionate environment by providing emotional, psychological, and spiritual support to patients, friends, and families.
- Actively promotes patient’s independence by establishing patient care goals; teaching patient, friends, and family to understand condition, medications, and self-care skills; answering questions.
- Assures quality of care by adhering to therapeutic standards; measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and standards; making or recommending necessary adjustments; following hospital and nursing division’s philosophies and standards of care set by state board of nursing, state nurse practice act, and other governing agency regulations.
- Resolves patient problems and needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations; calling for assistance from health care support personnel.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols, medication administration and storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
- Maintains continuity among nursing teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential. title: nurse, registered
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains nursing supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies; using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Participate in ward side nursing procedures as a member of the caring team
- Prepare and perform sterile procedure and support the Medical Doctor in their delivery of medical services
- Ensure patients are comfortable, in a healthy and secure environment to enhance quick recovery.
- Conduct observations, diagnosis, and nursing procedures and give necessary treatment in consultation with the Medical Officer.
- Participate in drug supply management that includes drug requisition, monitoring consumption and supervision of the drug dispensing process.
- Coordinate nursing activities in the wards and ensure patient focused approach is used at all times.
- Offer support to the Medical Officer in keeping simple books of accounts and make estimates for the wards and other units.
- Maintain personal contact with patients, take note of their complaints, carry out corrective measure and escalate for further action if necessary.
- Prepare and send progress reports covering the areas of operation.
- Manage patients with confidentiality and adherence to the professional code of conduct.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold relevant qualifications and experience
How to Apply:
All candidates who are suitably qualified are advised to send their application and curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 31st December 2018