Fresher SBCC Program Officer NGO Job Vacancies – Aga Khan Foundation (AKF)
Organization: Aga Khan Foundation (AKF)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: SBCC Program Coordinator
For nearly 50 years, Aga Khan Foundation has been partnering with communities, governments and local leaders to harness the best from people from all backgrounds to improve the quality of life. The Foundation’s work is rooted in core values of self-reliance, pluralism, and respect for human dignity. AKF is a member of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), one of the world’s leading poverty solutions networks. The AKDN’s integrated approach makes long-term investments, builds permanent institutions and cultivates an active civil society, impacting tens of millions of people annually in 30 countries. Alongside its sister AKDN agencies, the AKF implements innovative, community-driven solutions that are based on decades of experience, learning and evaluation.
Job Summary: This position will support the implementation of the Integrated Primary Care Model for Mental health in a Decentralized System in Uganda (iMH-CARE Uganda) program, specifically ensuring on the ground execution of activities under component 1 interventions. iMH-CARE will be implemented by the Aga Khan Foundation Uganda (AKFU) in partnership with YouBelong Uganda (YBU). Together, we will design and deliver a comprehensive mental health system strengthening project in Kampala and Wakiso districts of Uganda.
The project will develop a range of population wide and targeted SBCC interventions to sustainably increase demand for mental health prevention, treatment and support services in Kampala and Wakiso, from January 2020 to December 2022. The Social and Behaviour Change Communication (SBCC) Officer will implement on the ground day to day activities, training sessions, sensitization workshops and community activities designed under the project’s communication strategies. This position requires an exemplary and innovative person with hands-on experience in working with communities, mobilization, monitoring, and reporting of social, health and SBCC programs. S/he will play a supporting role in the execution of SBCC interventions; hence this will require a self-driven, energetic person willing to learn and adapt to new challenges. The person should have the capacity to work collaboratively with members of the community and partners. He/she will uphold the high image and core values of the organization, with outstanding professionalism, social conduct, and personal presentation.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute workplans and activities derived from the project’s SBCC strategy
- Facilitate training sessions for Village Health Teams as interpersonal communication agents
- Coordinate with the respective District Local Governments, interpersonal communication agents and key partners to ensure that SBCC strategies are effectively and efficiently implemented in the targeted districts.
- Provide regular project progress and results, success stories and lessons learnt, and flag quality concern issues; through timely weekly and monthly reports to the Program Coordinator.
- Work with the M&E team, and consultants on the ground to support M&E activities such as the baseline and end-line surveys, focus group discussions etc.
- Collaborate with partners, community leaders and members, health workers to deliver the program on the ground
- Perform other relevant duties as and when assigned, by the SBCC Program Coordinator, and Senior Management Team.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field e.g. Public Health, Development Studies, Mass Communication, Commerce (Marketing), Business Administration, or other related degree.
- Two years’ relevant experience in community engagement, social and other development project activities. Experience in health and SBCC programming will be an added advantage,
- Strong community mobilization skills are required
- Training and facilitation skills are desired
- Team player with the ability to work within a multi-cultural environment
- Working knowledge of MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
How to Apply:
Candidates interested in this unique career opportunity with AKF should submit a cover letter, CV and the names and contact information of three professional referees via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘SBCC Program Officer’ in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 10th January 2020