Fresher Supply Chain Assistant US NGO Careers – International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Organisation: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC has been working in Uganda since 1998. The current program portfolio in Uganda includes health, protection & rule of law, gender-based violence and women’s protection and empowerment, economic recovery and development.
Job Summary: Reporting to Supply Chain Officer, the Supply Chain Assistant is responsible for the efficient coordination and management of all inventory management functions for IRC’s Kampala Urban Office.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand, implement and maintain standard IRC inventory management policies and procedures.
- Train urban staff as required.
- Manage and document the receipt, handling, storage, release and reporting of goods through the IRC Kampala urban office.
- Advise the Supply Chain Officer of potential inventory shortages.
- Ensure the maintenance of fittings and equipment.
- Implement and ensure clear safety procedures.
- Implement and ensure clear loading / unloading procedures, correct stacking and turnover (FIFO) procedures.
- Advise the Supply Chain Officer of warehouse-specific issues or improvements.
- Maintain the Warehouse activity book recording all outgoing and incoming receipts and activities.
- Update as per IRC requirements, the Asset register, Asset inventory list and expendable store inventory list and produce monthly reports.
Goods Reception and Transport
- Assist in receiving all supplies.
- Keep an accurate and up-to-date record of the store contents and inward and outward movement of goods in the warehouse register or stock cards.
- Responsible for arranging and overseeing the air transportation of goods in accordance with IRC procedures.
- Prioritize dispatch needs in conjunction with program.
- Prioritize air road transport in coordination with the program department and field sites.
- Where necessary organize or carry out the transportation of goods to the carrier premises for onward road shipment.
- Supervise truck loading and documentation follow up.
Stores and Inventory
- Monitor security of IRC’s storage and supplies.
- Receive completed store’s request forms and prepare the goods for issuance.
- Ensure goods, equipment are signed for received on the request form (office expendables) or waybill (all other items).
- Prepare a monthly report for the expendables store outlining all stock movements and remaining balances.
- On a monthly basis, work with the Supply Chain Manager to reconcile the Warehouse register in the Asset tracking sheet and equipment issuance forms.
- Update the stock record cards regularly.
- Conduct routine inventory inspection and submit report to the Supply Chain Manager in a timely manner.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the International Rescue Committee (IRC) Supply Chain Assistant job must hold a Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Procurement and Logistics Management or related field.
- At least two years’ work experience in a stores management role.
- Knowledge of generic warehouse management systems and forms
- Physically mobile, able to lift 30kg without strain.
- Competent in spoken and written English
- Good mathematical skills.
- Competent use of computers (MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
How to Apply:
All candidates should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 5th April 2021
Missed This Job? or Interested in more?. See List of Current Job Vacancies / Opportunities in Uganda
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY COMPANY
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY ROLE