Fresher Supply Chain Assistant – Warehouse NGO Job Opportunities – Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
Job Title: Supply Chain Assistant – Warehouse
Organisation: Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Supply Chain Team Leader
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a private, independent, humanitarian organization working on all aspects of the refugee cause in more than 36 countries throughout the world. The aim of DRC is to protect refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs) against persecution and to promote durable solutions to the problems of forced migration, on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights. DRC works in accordance with the UN Conventions on Refugees and the Code of Conduct for the ICRC and NGOs in Disaster Relief.
Job Summary: The Supply Chain Assistant – Warehouse will provide efficient and effective procurement implementation and smooth running of procurement operations according to DRC’s internal and donor procedures, as per the Operations Handbook and Quality Standards contained within.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish a rigorous, accountable, and transparent procurement system, compliant with the DRC Operations Handbook Volume on Procurement Management, local law, and donor requirements.
- Advocate with program teams in the field for procurement planning, in line with DRC Operations Handbook and Area Performance Indicators (APIs), this includes participating in the process of procurement planning with Program Managers and Area Manager as requested.
- Manage normal procurement tenders for Requests for Quotation in the Field Office in collaboration with the Supply Team Leader.
- Manage all Purchase Requisitions received from and process the procurements according to the Procurement Thresholds Table, adhering to the procurement lead times as specified
- Ensure that the Procurement Tracking Table (PRTT) is updated in real time and accurate for all requests received under assignment and procurements in process.
- Ensure any new suppliers are vetted according to DRC policies and updated on the supplier database, capturing comments on performance and contracts issued.
- Ensure feedback from Program colleagues with respect to contractor performance is captured on the DRC vendor master database and is uploaded onto the DRC Uganda cloud based SharePoint archive system.
- Enforce a zero-tolerance policy regarding corruption and contribute to ensuring complaints are recorded and investigated appropriately, in line with the DRC Code of Conduct and Accountability Framework.
- Coordinate with Supply Team Leader to ensure that all issues related to procurement and ongoing contract management is reported and solutions are realized as the issues arise, escalating the issue to Area Manager if necessary.
- Maintain updated and complete procurement contract files (in line with DRC Operations Handbook) of any ongoing contracts, to be filed in Finance once the contract is closed and submitted for payment.
- Ensure proper accounting, reporting, internal controls and maintenance/filing of records in accordance with guidance from Supply Chain Team Leader or Area Manager and any DRC Uganda SOPs.
- Raise payment requests for processing and track all payments requested in the Payment Tracker sheet of the PRTT to be circulated weekly to Country Office in Kampala.
- Monitor the supply market trends for updated information such as changes in market price, new products, and additional suppliers.
- Adhere to DRC Code of Conduct and DRC specific procurement procedures within the Supply Chain department.
- The Supply Chain Assistant may handle additional tasks such as Fleet management, Warehousing and Asset management upon request by the supervisor and senior management.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Danish Refugee Council (DRC) Supply Chain Assistant – Warehouse job placement should hold a Degree in Business Administration or Supply Chain/Logistics Management.
- Professional CIPS certification is considered an asset.
- Two years of work experience in relevant field INGO or other agencies
- Experience in Supply Chain functions with specific focus on procurement management.
- Proven ability in the implementation of large-scale programs.
- High integrity, pro-active, stable, robust character and a good team-player
- Highly motivated, results-oriented, and with well-developed problem-solving skills
- Ability to cope with heavy workloads and to work under pressure
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent analytical and negotiation skills
- Proven commitment to accountability practices
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and work with limited supervision
- Knowledge of computers: word processing, database management packages
- Languages: Excellent communication skills in English is required
- Fluency in local languages is an advantage
How to Apply:
All candidates should apply online at the link below
Deadline: 3rd January 2019
University News Updates for 2019 - 2020