Fresher Supply Chain Officer NGO Jobs – World Vision International
Organisation: World Vision International
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Supply Chain Manager
World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 41 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
Job Summary: The Supply Chain Officer – (Engineering Experience and Background) will provide support to World Vision Uganda budget management through strategic sourcing of quality goods and services in a timely manner at the lowest possible cost for clusters and projects in accordance to Supply Chain Management policy and other guidelines to promote child well-being aspirations in line with Our Promise
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the project procurement planning processes in line with the budgets for approval and implementation
- Undertake acquisition processes of goods 4 clusters / projects and services in conformity with the existing policies for the benefit of the users, children and their communities
- Conduct strategic sourcing with negotiated pre priced framework contracts for goods and services in accordance to the set goals
- Upload all contracts into ProVision and conduction all procurements in ProVision.
- Provide capacity building ProVision users.
- To develop, manage Supplier data base and suppliers relationships. Perform Supplier development and conduct annual vendor audit.
- Contribute to the preparation and submission of timely, accurate and relevant Monthly, Quarterly and Annual reports. – Open PO’s contract status and PR status on weekly, monthly quarterly, and yearly
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant for the World Vision Supply Chain Officer – (Engineering Experience and Background) job must hold a Bachelor’s Degree of Procurement and Supply Chain Management or Bachelor’s Degree in Civil/ WASH Engineering is essential with CIPs.
- At least two years’ experience in a similar position working with an INGO
- Experience with an engineering background is an added advantage / highly desirable
- Knowledge of generic Supply Chain management systems and forms
- Strong sense of personal integrity and commitment.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and time management skills
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Team spirit and problem solving abilities.
- Analytical skills
- Customer care skills
- Negotiation skills
- Excellent communication skills.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to submit your application and complete Curriculum Vitae by applying online through visiting World Vision International’s e-recruitment jobs portal at the web link below.
Deadline: 20th November 2020