Fresher Systems Administrator IT Jobs – Opportunity Bank
Job Title: Systems Administrator
Organisation: Opportunity Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Opportunity Bank (U) Ltd is a leading provider of microfinance services in Uganda with huge expansion plans. The Bank is a member of the MyBucks SA group, a leading FINTECH provider and Opportunity International, a global microfinance institution serving over 3 Million in different countries.
Job Summary: The System Administrator is mainly responsible for effective provisioning, installation/ configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures meet organizational and industry imperatives. This individual is accountable for the following systems; Linux and Windows systems infrastructure; Linux, Windows and Application systems that support Asset Management;
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/ operational requirements.
- Install and configure systems, applications or Asset Management applications.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Actively contribute to and maintain system standards.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks.
- Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
- Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary,
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
- Provide Tier III/other support per request from various constituencies.
- Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures.
- Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies,
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities.
- Configure / add new services as necessary.
- Upgrade and configure system software that supports GIS infrastructure applications or Asset Management applications per project or operational needs.
- Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures,
- Carry out periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning,
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required.
- Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required
- Maintain data centre environmental and monitoring equipment.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree
- Possess relevant professional qualifications and experience
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their signed application letters together with their curriculum vitae to: The Human Resource Manager, Opportunity Bank Uganda Limited, Plot 1259, Old Kira road, P.O. Box 33513, Kampala. Uganda
Email to: email@example.com
Deadline: 14th January 2019
University News Updates for 2019 - 2020