Fresher Treasurer Jobs – Jumia
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Jumia is Africa’s leading internet group, with already over 3,000 employees in more than 20 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs and Jumia Services. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, Goldman Sachs & CdC. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to revolutionize the concept of shopping by providing customers with the best online shopping experience through a wide range of products categories including mobiles & tablets, computers, electronics, home & living, fashion, sports, health & beauty, grocery and others.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare cash fore-casts that optimize cash utilization.
- Manage the company cash flow projections by advising management on the available cash, projected cash flows and advise on the possible options for gapping up on any deficit.
- Assume responsibility for cash management procedures especially performing reconciliations of cash & near cash items.
- Maintain relations with financial institutions
- Secure favorable exchange & deposit rates.
- Support the budgeting function with input on anticipated liquid asset levels Submit reports of present financial situation and forecasting
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant for the Jumia Treasurer should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting
- Degree in Business Administration/Accounting/Finance or equivalent from a reputable University/Institution.
- Full/part qualification in ACCA/CPA would be an added advantage
- 2-3 years’ experience in accounting or audit function.
- Analytical skills able to comprehend the company’s operations from a liquidity perspective & manage these needs within a dynamic financial market.
- Basic understanding of bank processes and the regulatory environment relevant to the financial operations of the company.
- Superior spreadsheets and communication skills.
- Highly organized with ability to manage multiple priorities and deliver assignments on time.
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join Jumia in the aforementioned capacity should apply online at the link below.