Fresher UN Assistant Reporting Officer Job Opportunities – United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Job Title: Assistant Reporting Officer
Organisation: United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Position No.: 10030516
Vacancy Notice: 002/2019
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Post Grade: NOA
The Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees was established on December 14, 1950 by the United Nations General Assembly. UNHCR’s mandate under the Statute of the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees is to lead and co-ordinate action for international protection to refugees; seek permanent solutions for the problems of refugees and safeguard refugee rights and well-being. UNHCR has an additional mandate concerning issues of statelessness, as it is given a designated role under Article 11 of the 1961 Convention on the Reduction of Statelessness.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Keep abreast with all developments in the area of responsibility to prepare appropriate briefings and reports.
- Provide support in collecting and drafting the required information for the production and dissemination of regular updates for internal and/or external distribution.
- Assist in organising donor briefings and the coordination of inter-agency meetings.
- Assist in maintaining working relationships with the Government, NGOs, and UN agencies.
- Draft and disseminate minutes of the meetings that are held periodically in the duty station.
- Accompany visitors and colleagues on monitoring missions to refugee sites giving appropriate briefing, commentaries and prepare briefing material for visitors.
- Draft updates, donor reports, background notes, briefing notes, press reports, etc.
- Perform any other related duties as required
Key Performance Indicators:
- Reports to promote UNHCR activities are prepared and distributed in a timely manner
- Produce reports on UNHCR activities. Liaise with external partners on behalf of UNHCR
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the United Nations UNHCR Assistant Reporting Officer job opportunity should hold an undergraduate degree (equivalent of a BA/BS) in Journalism, Communications or a related field
- One year of previous work experience relevant to the function. Graduate degree (equivalent of a Master or Doctorate degree (equivalent of a PhD) may also be accepted.
- Excellent communication skills, good writing skills and good knowledge of computer applications.
- Excellent knowledge of English and UN working language of duty station if not English
How to Apply:
All interested Ugandan nationals who wish to join the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to click on the link below and follow the application instructions after reviewing the job details.
Deadline: 10th January 2019
University News Updates for 2019 - 2020