Fresher UN Education Response Plan Secretariat Administrator Jobs – United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Job Title: Education Response Plan Secretariat Administrator
Organisation: United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Position No.: TEMP/042/18/06
Vacancy Notice: 042/2018
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Post Grade: GL6
The Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees was established on December 14, 1950 by the United Nations General Assembly. UNHCR’s mandate under the Statute of the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees is to lead and co-ordinate action for international protection to refugees; seek permanent solutions for the problems of refugees and safeguard refugee rights and well-being. UNHCR has an additional mandate concerning issues of statelessness, as it is given a designated role under Article 11 of the 1961 Convention on the Reduction of Statelessness.
Job Summary: The Education Response Plan Secretariat Administrator will provide administrative support to the Steering Committee of the ERP.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organise ERP Steering Group meetings, including maintaining lists of contacts, sending invitations, providing minutes and relevant documentation, and other related administrative support;
- Ensure Steering Group members are furnished with all pertinent information prior to any meeting;
- Brief other Secretariat staff on relevant information regarding the Steering Committee;
- Keep records and archive information pertinent to the Steering Group and the Secretariat;
- Manage all administrative matters of the Secretariat;
- Prepare correspondence, reports, and justifications as required on general administrative matters and other assigned area of responsibility;
- Interact with other sectors, humanitarian and development actors, MoES committees, government counterparts and relevant authorities to ensure smooth running of the Steering Committee and the Secretariat;
Key Performance Indicators:
- Evidence of well-coordinated and communicated meeting updates – dates, agendas, minutes etc.
- Evidence of high quality minutes, updates and communications produced and shared appropriately
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the United Nations UNHCR Project Control Associate job opportunity should hold an Undergraduate degree (equivalent of a BA/BS) in Business Administration or related field.
- Graduate degree (equivalent of a Master’s) or Doctorate degree are also accepted.
- At least two years of previous job experience relevant to the function
- Knowledge of the humanitarian and/or development community
- Familiarity with the mandates of the UN and UNHCR generally
- Previous experience in education programmes, particularly refugee education programmes, is an asset
- Good computer skills (MS office and People soft applications)
- Excellent knowledge of English
- Excellent drafting and writing skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative manner with team members and with multiple stakeholders at various levels
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including cultural sensitivity.
How to Apply:
All interested Ugandan nationals who wish to join the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to click on the link below and follow the application instructions after reviewing the job details.
Deadline: 23rd July 2018