Fresher UN High School Diploma Jobs – Information Systems Assistant – United Nations Regional Service Centre Entebbe (RSCE)
Organization: United Nations Regional Service Centre Entebbe (RSCE)
Duty Station: Entebbe, Uganda
Job Opening Number: 21-Information Management Systems-RSCE-157249-R-Entebbe (M)
Reports to: Assistant Secretary-General for Support Operations
The Regional Service Centre in Entebbe, Uganda (RSCE), was established in July 2010, following the adoption of General Assembly resolution 64/269. The Centre provides efficient, client-oriented and scalable services with the goal of moving transactional, non-location- dependent administrative functions to the Centre from its client entities. This includes transactional elements of human resources, finance, multimodal movement and control, personnel and cargo transport and information and communications technology (ICT) support. In addition to these services, the Office of the Chief RSCE and support offices through the Deputy Chief RSCE provides overall guidance on the operations of the RSCE including strategic planning, communication, budgeting, human resources management, property management, quality assurance and business intelligence, conference services, record keeping and archive management, and audit response and risk management.
Job Summary: The Information Systems Assistant will assist in providing problem assessment, resolution and advice for a wide spectrum of IT issues. The incumbent will be responsible for providing the timely and efficient provision of IT support functions for the Centre.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in providing support for computer information systems, specifically for the Regional Telephone Billing Unit, e-Billing applications support, implementation of databases and applications in assigned areas and troubleshooting for various applications,
- Assists in providing timely and efficient IT support to all mission components and sites,
- Receives and logs problem calls or service requests for Telephone billing in the automated tracking system.
- Attempts to resolve problem calls or service requests on initial contact.
- Diagnoses and resolves relatively simple hardware, software, or connectivity problems.
- Assists Network Unit to provide network connectivity in the mission area and all team sites.
- Performs tasks related to scheduled service requests for telephony systems from client missions.
- Escalates problems to the appropriate parties in accordance with established procedures.
- rovide basic training to end-users on the use of standard systems Regional Telephone Billing Unit, e-Billing applications support, SharePoint.
- Supports the Help Desk management in the absence of supervisor.
- Keeps abreast of developments in technology both in the UN and in the industry in general.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the United Nations Information Systems Assistant job must hold a High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- A technical or vocational qualification in information and telecommunication systems is desirable.
- A minimum of three years of progressively responsible experience in information systems analysis, database installation and management and website development, systems administration and maintenance, software applications, hardware installation and related work is required.
- Experience working within an international organization or non-governmental organization – in a conflict or post-conflict setting is desirable.
- Experience in a shared service center is desirable.
- Working experience in a multicultural and/or international work environment is desirable.
- Languages: fluency in oral and written English is required.
- Professionalism: Knowledge of information technology and applications, including computer system networks. Good technical skills, ability to conduct network maintenance, user support, implement and maintain Business Continuity. Shows pride in work and in achievements. Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter. Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns. Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations.
- Client orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view. Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect. Identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions. Monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems. Keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects. Meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
- Technological Awareness: Keeps abreast of available technology; Understands applicability and limitations of technology to the work of the office; Actively seeks to apply technology to appropriate tasks; Shows willingness to learn new technology.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested Ugandan candidates should send their applications through the United Nations online portal at the link below.
Deadline: 10th July 2021
Missed This Job? or Interested in more?. See List of Current Job Vacancies / Opportunities in Uganda