Fresher UN Operations Assistant (Grants Management) Jobs – Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO)
Job Title: Operations Assistant (Grants Management)
Organisation: Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Project Coordinator
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) has a global mandate to improve nutrition, increase agricultural productivity, raise the standard of living in rural populations and contribute to global economic’ growth. Achieving food security for all is at the heart of FAO’s efforts – to make sure people have regular access to enough high-quality food to lead active, healthy lives.
Job Summary: The Operations Assistant (Grants Management) will work in accordance with FAO financial rules and regulations, ensure timely grant disbursement to tree planters, and provide support to operational tasks (including but not limited to budgeting, planning, implementation and monitoring) in support of FAO Uganda’s project portfolio
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support in preparing of contracts (grant agreements) between FAO and project beneficiaries;
- The incumbent will also record and manage grant payment details for each grantee, review – regularly – outstanding obligations/payments and maintain and monitor the payment schedule for all grantees;
- Communicate regularly with grantees to ensure progress reports are sent on time and as per the grant agreements;
- Work closely with the project team to ensure the progress reports are verified in terms of quality and quantity of area planted so as to trigger payments;
- Provide support in the verification of transaction/payment accuracy and completeness of documentation;
- Interact with administration personnel to ensure payments are released within the stipulated period in compliance with FAO rules and regulations;
- File all information and documents related to grantees (grant support agreement, personal information, progress reports, results of verification missions by technical team etc.) in both electronic and hard copy and make them available as and when required;
- Maintain accurate data/information and ensure efficient budgetary and monitoring controls;
- Assist the Operations Specialist in the financial management of ongoing projects; the operational/administrative follow-up of project management actions flagged in FAO’s Field Programme Management Information System (FPMIS);
- Assist the operations personnel in ensuring FAO’s Project Cycle management guidelines are applied in all phases of project management; and
- Perform other related duties as required.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) Operations Assistant (Grants Management) job opportunity should hold a University degree in public administration, business administration, economics or a closely related field.
- A minimum of two years of relevant experience (grant management experience is desirable).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Excellent knowledge of EXCEL
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multicultural team, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of UN rules and procedures is desirable.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested Ugandan nationals should submit their applications together with detailed curriculum vitae and copies of certificates addressed to;
The Country Representative, the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations in Uganda. Plot 88, Buganda Road. P.O. Box 521, Kampala,
NB: Please ensure you indicate the vacancy number on the envelope. Incomplete applications or applications received after the closing date will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. FAO does not discriminate against any race, gender or disability. FAO does not charge applicants any fees at any stage in the recruitment process
Deadline: 18th January 2019 by 2:00pm