Fresher USAID Project Data Assistant Job Opportunities – University Research Co., LLC (URC)
Organisation: University Research Co., LLC (URC)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Strategic Information Officer
University Research Co., LLC (URC) was founded in 1965 as a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States. University Research Co., LLC (URC) offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems.
About USAID Project:
With the RHITES-N Acholi Project (Regional Health Integration to Enhance Services in Northern Uganda – Acholi), USAID will continue its support of the Government of Uganda’s (GOU) efforts to improve access to and use of health services in the country’s post-conflict northern region. RHITES-N Acholi Project activities will build on USAID investments and national advances to increase access to and use of high-quality integrated services that accelerate the ability and capacity to respond to the specific health needs of residents in the Acholi sub-region, leveraging the URC-ASSIST project successes.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure availability of updated data capture and reporting tools at community and facility for effective tracking of services provided to AGYW.
- Co-ordinate real time DREAMS documentation, Proper filing and archiving of DREAMS registers.
- Liaise with District DREAMS focal person and Data clerks to track all service provision data from the community in DREAMS implementing districts.
- Ensure timely entry of DREAMS data using the Online system and tablets by peer facilitators in the UDOTS
- Reconcile inconsistencies in periodic data reports and address data quality issues identified during periodic data reviews.
- Ensure timely preparation of reports including weekly DREAMS dashboards to be shared with USAID, management and staff to facilitate activity planning and implementation.
- Conduct weekly meeting with peer facilitators at both community and facility to ensure data from their tablets are complete, synchronized and updated in the UDTS
- Ensure mentorship of peer facilitators on the use of UDOTS offline data entry features in the absence of internet
- Support data clerks and peer group facilitators to track service layering at both facility and community
- Conduct monthly data quality assessments (DQAs) and take part in other DREAMS evaluations as necessary
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Commerce, humanities and additional training, certificate or qualification in monitoring and evaluation (M&E) or relevant field;
- At least 2 years’ experience in M&E for international donor funded projects, preferably experience with USAID-funded DREAMS projects;
- Knowledge and experience in DREAMS Initiative, use of UDOTS including data entry and cleaning, data analysis and reporting
- Demonstrated ability to manage time and meet strict deadlines;
- Computer proficiency, including use of MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access and a statistics package (e.g., Stata, SPSS);
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork, and mentoring skills;
- Excellent writing, oral and organizational skills
- Experience of working in northern Uganda is an advantage.
Please note: Only candidates who are eligible to work in Uganda for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position.
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join the University Research Co., LLC (URC) are encouraged to apply online at the link below.