Fresher Warehouse Technician Job Opportunities – Career Directions Limited (CDL)
Job Title: Warehouse Technician (Fresher Jobs)
Organization: Career Directions Limited (CDL)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Stores Supervisor
Career Directions Limited (CDL) is a strategic HR solutions Company that has been in operation since 2003 & we pride ourselves in the highest level of professionalism & expertise, serving big clientele base in Africa. CDL Human resource consultancy’s mission is to provide you with an unrivaled quality of personnel to increase the effectiveness of your operation. We provide you with the region’s best fit in education, knowledge, skills, and experience to suit your organization’s needs.
Job Summary: The Warehouse Technician will be receiving, storage, issuance and recording all transactions for all plant acquired spare parts, tools equipment, raw materials and other materials needed for continuous operations to help ensure all warehoused items are available in the right quantity, right place, and right time and at the right condition
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures that receiving and inspection of deliveries are with supporting documents including reference POs.
- Prepares a report on daily goods receipts and circulates to the relevant stake holders to ensure that items subject for inspection that requires technical expertise for acceptance, is formally coordinated with the users.
- Prepares a goods rejection, short supplies, excess, damages memos with procurement whose advice become basis for proper action.
- Timely posting of goods received in in SAP and ensure that all items accepted are stacked in their respective bin areas.
- Preparations of monthly goods receipt reconciliations.
- Filling of all relevant documents.
- Ensures that issued materials are physically verified and recorded in SAP.
- Ensures a timely and accurate recording/posting, issuance, and updating of employees accountability in verifying recipient of accountable item,
- Ensuring all issue notes are authorized within limits.
- Conducts issuance and monitoring of cement bags.
- Filling of all relevant documents.
- Stock replenishment
- Safe keeping of returned, damaged and usable accountable items.
- Ensure that proper storage and maintenance of materials and parts are maintained with proper tagging system to its ware house storage and location layout.
- Reconciliation of ware house issues.
- Proper coordination with users.
- Perform timely cycle counts and reconciliations thereof.
- Allocation and supervision of tasks to store men.
- Ensure good housekeeping in store areas.
- Any other duty assigned.
Key Result Areas
- Good participation in all safety activities
- Prompt goods receipts and inspection.
- Prompt return of rejected goods with supporting documents.
- Compliance with receipt and issue procedures with no major audit issues.
- Cycle count schedule compliance.
- Reconciliations, identification and isolation of obsolete items.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree majoring in business related fields or engineering. Min diploma in stores, engineering related fields.
- Minimum of one year e experience in inventory management.
- Minimum of one year experience in SAP proficiency.
- Minimum of one year experience in MS office applications.
- Minimum of two years combined exposure to operations in a cement manufacturing environment and elements of machinery.
- Driving a forklift added advantage
- Team player, communication, planning, analytical skills with high level of precision.
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their resume applications to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Deadline: 5th January 2019