Fresher WASH Assistant NGO Jobs – Save the Children International
Organisation: Save the Children International
Duty Station: Uganda
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organization for children and has program presence in over 120 countries in the world and has been implementing programs for over 90 years. Save the Children envisions a Uganda in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. We strive to create impact for children by delivering our Programmes through partnerships, by being innovative, by acting as the voice for and of children, and by achieving results at scale.
Job Summary: The WASH Assistant will implement community hygiene and sanitation activities at household level. S/he will also work with WASH Co-ordinator, and other program staff (SBCC, MEAL, Adolescent Development) and the Apolou Consortium to ensure effective household and community WASH improvements. The WASH Assistant will ensure that all WASH activities support the achievement of project goals of improved food and nutrition security. The WASH Assistant will ensure quality in implementation of community-level WASH activities and ensure that communities adopt good hygiene and sanitation practices, routinely carry out effective CLTS follow-up and documentation of key success in his/her district and ensure triggered villages attain open defecation free environments.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The candidate for the Save the Children International WASH Assistant job placement should hold a Diploma in Environment Health Science, Water Engineering or WASH related course from recognized institution. Bachelor’s degree is an added advantage.
- Two years of direct experience in integrated WASH programming, (preferably in a community setting in Karamoja sub region).
- Thorough knowledge of WASH national and international standards.
- Proven skills in computer programs (Word, Excel; minimum)
- Excellent skills in report writing and meeting dead lines
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online by clicking on the title link below.
Deadline: 1st September 2019
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY COMPANY
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY ROLE