Google Australia and New Zealand Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship
Google’s ongoing commitment to furthering Anita’s vision of revolutionising the way we think about technology and dismantling barriers that keep women and minorities from entering computing and technology fields, are pleased to announce the Google Australia and New Zealand Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship.
Scholarships will be awarded based on the strength of candidates’ academic background and demonstrated leadership. A group of female undergraduate and graduate student finalists will be chosen from the applicant pool.
Each scholar recipient will receive a $5,000 scholarship towards the following academic year. In addition all finalists and scholarship recipients will be invited to an expenses-paid networking retreat to be held at Google’s Sydney Engineering centre.
Applicants must satisfy all of the following criteria to be eligible:
- Be a female student at an Australian or New Zealand university who has completed one or more years of a Bachelors degree with at least one year of study remaining, whether as part of a Bachelors or postgraduate degree.
- Be enrolled in full-time undergraduate or postgraduatestudy at an university or equivalent tertiary institution (please see FAQ for details) in Australia or New Zealand for the following year.
- Be studying Computer Science, Software Engineering, Informatics, or a closely related technical field.
- Maintain an excellent academic record (e.g. distinction average plus).
Applicant are asked to submit:
- contact information, education and work history, answers to three short essay questions,
- a copy of your transcripts (Bachelor’s, Master’s and PhD, if applicable),
- resume – with leadership, work, education, and technical accomplishments included,
- 2 letters of recommendation.
Application deadline: late May.
For more scholarship information and application: Google Australia and New Zealand Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship