Google Canada Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship
Google Canada Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship: Dr. Anita Borg devoted her adult life to revolutionizing the way we think about technology and dismantling barriers that keep women and minorities from entering computing and technology fields.
As part of Google’s ongoing commitment to furthering Anita’s vision, Google are pleased to announce The Google Canada Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship, through which Google hope to encourage women to excel in computing and technology and become active role models and leaders.
Scholarships will be awarded based on the strength of candidates’ academic background and demonstrated leadership. A group of female undergraduate and graduate student finalists will be chosen from the applicant pool.
The scholarship recipients will each receive a $5,000 CAD scholarship for the academic year.
All scholarship recipients and finalists will be invited to visit Google for a networking retreat which will include workshops with a series of speakers, panelists, breakout sessions and social activities.
Scholarship Eligibility Requirements:
- Scholarship Application
- Medical Doctors
- Job Opportunities
- Be a female student entering her senior year of undergraduate study or be enrolled in a graduate programin the academic year at a university in Canada.
- Be studying Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or related technical fields.
- Be enrolled in full-time study in the academic year.
- Be enrolled as a student at a Canadian university. International students are eligible to apply as long as they are enrolled at a Canadian university.
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.3 on a 4.0 scale, or 75 %, or a B+.
Deadline to apply: February 6.For more information and scholarship applications, see: Google Canada Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY COMPANY
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY ROLE