Grants Officer US Non-profit Job Vacancies – FHI 360
Organization: FHI 360
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Maternal Child Health and Nutrition (MCHN) The Uganda Maternal Child Health and Nutrition (MCHN) activity is a 5-year Cooperative agreement between the United States Agency for International Development Mission in Uganda (USAID/Uganda) and FHI 360. The aim of this award is to strengthen Government performance in implementing Strategies to improve MCHN outcomes. The two result areas are; MCHN service delivery improved and Capacity for MCHN “good” governance increased
Job Summary: The Grants Officer coordinates financial/accounting operations, including overall financial monitoring and support/guidance to projects in finance and operations staff, to ensure the fiscal well-being of the organization. Provides financial management and guidance, conducts analyses of financial data, provides budget analyses for project funds, and reviews and prepares required reports to funding agencies to ensure compliance with the donor’s requirements. Proactively guides and supports respective financial success by providing high level analytical expertise, implementing business strategies and developing strong customer relationships. Provides analysis and business modeling support on strategic initiatives for senior management and field operations. Analyzes performance trends, modeling complex business decisions, tracking performance and presenting results.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyzes, budget forecasts, regulatory filings and compiles moderately complex data.
- Interprets, analyzes and/or evaluates data, ensures compliance with applicable state and federal statutes, and uses Generally Accepted Accounting Procedures (GAAP).
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with regulated industries, consultants, management and staff.
- Interprets and provides explanation for discrepancies and variations in financial data.
- Applies updated information technology to facilitate program goals and program procedures.
- Delivers formal presentations suited to the characteristics and needs of the audience; educates relevant parties regarding programs, procedures and/or eligibility criteria.
- Interacts with industry representatives, co-workers and officials to analyze or resolve issues.
- Maintains a variety of professional working relationships.
- Documents complex issues and effectively articulates written conclusions; Interacts with staff officials and executives.
- Reviews and edits work of others.
- Presents oral and written testimony on moderately complex issues.
- Uses financial systems to produce reports, financial models and databases.
- Serves as a subject matter expert and may lead teams on complex financial issues.
- Analyzes complex business and/or financial issues and consults with management or business entities as needed; works independently; active participant in meeting organizational goals.
- Implements and evaluates financial/statistical models, systems and serves as a trusted advisor to management.
- Evaluates and determines fiscal and operational policy. Determines service impacts and analyzes the regulatory environment to makes recommendations on best practices.
- Communicates industry information regarding more complex or unique issues, and presents specific findings in such situations.
- Establishes and maintains professional working relationships. Interprets compliance and makes recommendations to management.
- Documents more complex or unique issues and effectively articulates written conclusions; Interacts with management to plan, negotiate and coordinate complex written findings.
- Presents oral and written testimony on complex financial issues.
- Develops or adapts new financial processes and procedures based upon changes in corporate policies, laws and regulations or industry practices.
- Recommends and develops regulations, policies, and procedures.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should hold a Bachelor’s Degree or its International Equivalent.
- 8+ Years of progressively responsible accounting, finance and operational management experience in a government contracting environment coupled with internal control reviews.
- Experience applying U.S. Government grants, contracting and auditing standards as they apply to effective management of multi-year funds
- Proven experience in transferring knowledge into operational plan with clients collaboration and sustainable buy- in.
- Substantial experience using computerized financial information systems.
- Articulate, professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner with clients and staff.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English; fluent in host country language as appropriate.
- Demonstrated team leader experience in finance, auditing or accounting department preferred.
- Typical Physical Demands:
- Typical office environment. Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time; ability to lift 5-50 lbs.
- Technology to be Used: Personal Computer, Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), e-mail, telephone, printer, calculator, copier, cell phones, PDAs and other hand held devices.
- Travel Requirements: Less than 10%
- Applies expert knowledge of current federal, state and local government programs. Applies expert level technical and administrative knowledge of the rules and regulations in the subject area and defends analyses and recommendations relating to a variety of issues.
- Has a thorough knowledge of external regulations as well as internal corporate policies and procedures.
- Proficient knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Internal Control Fundamentals. * Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated project and organizational skills.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data, identify/resolve errors and prepare reports.
- Ability to motivate and work well with others.
How to Apply:
All interested candidates apply online at the link below and follow the steps.
Job applicants should ONLY submit soft copy of a cover letter, CV, academic transcripts and three professional referees in one attachment not later than February 14,2020 to the link below
Here are the steps to follow;
- Click on “Sign in”.
- Click on “Create Account”
- Add email and password
- Upload CV and complete fields
- Apply to any job.
Deadline: 14th February 2020