Head of Business Growth & Development Job Placement – UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI)
Job Title: Head of Business Growth & Development
Organization: UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI) is a registered financial institution in Uganda and is adherent to the Central Bank’s regulations and guidelines and was founded in 1994 to provide quality microfinance services.
Job Summary: The Head of Business Growth & Development will provide leadership and direction on business development, marketing, deposits (savings) growth and external affairs function including development of marketing strategies that incorporate product development, customer segmentation, and development of value propositions, promotion, communication, customer experience, and selling.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees the day-to-day marketing, product and business development, communications, external affairs functions and activities.
- Manages savings mobilization, product development, customer segmentation, targeted marketing and promotions.
- Supports all business units in developing structured marketing campaigns and packaging of products and services.
- Support the development of an appropriate marketing and communications strategy.
- Coordinates and implements promotions and public relations activities to promote the institution’s brand and banking products and services.
- Develops and ensures that corporate standards and instructions are properly implemented and maintained organisation wide.
- The incumbent ensures publications and marketing materials are produced in line with the corporate guidelines, corporate branding and reflect consumer protection standards.
- Ensures an effective internal staff communication strategy and approach
- Establishes and ensures an effective reliable Market Information System and database on market, client; product performance and competitors.
- Conducts market research to evaluate the potential revenue and profitability of current and future lending and banking products.
- Sets the overall marketing, product and business development objectives and plans and monitors performance against the strategic plan and performance standards
- Oversees regular client, supplier and staff satisfaction surveys performed by business growth team regarding product and service delivery and takes corrective action
- Overseeing business units and branches in tracking and ensuring product awareness, perceptions, and needs relating to the products and services.
- Sets, evaluates, monitors Business Growth team performance against agreed performance targets
- Holds regular progress reporting and planning meetings of own direct reports and mentors, guides and supports all direct reports
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI) Head of Business Growth & Development career opportunity should hold a Masters or Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Economics or any other business related subject from a reputable university or college
- The applicant should have experience and adequate training in marketing, business development, communication and fundraising
- A minimum of five years of senior management experience gained from a similar or a related banking/financial institution
- Significant exposure and experience in developing business and customer outreach strategies
- Extensive experience in business and product development, marketing and sales management in a commercial bankinginstitution or from a micro lending background
- Previous experience in mobilizing savings deposits at a commercial banking institution or from a micro-deposit taking institution
- Advanced experience in managing communication and public affairs activities
- Demonstrated ability to develop concepts and write proposals
- Experience in evaluating competitors and identifying and exploiting market opportunities
- Understanding of trends and scope of change in the microfinance and banking industry, and its impact on the commercial activities
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applicationsvia E-mail only including a cover letter and an up-to-date detailed CV. Your applications should include names of three professional referees and a day-time telephone contact. Address them to:
Head of Human Resources,
UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI),
Silva Arcade, Plot 62 Bombo Road,
P.O. Box 30815, Kampala. Uganda
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Please indicate the position you are applying for)
Deadline: 8th May 2017