Head of Health and Nutrition NGO Careers – Save the Children International
Organisation: Save the Children International
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organization for children and has program presence in over 120 countries in the world and has been implementing programs for over 90 years. Save the Children envisions a Uganda in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. We strive to create impact for children by delivering our Programmes through partnerships, by being innovative, by acting as the voice for and of children, and by achieving results at scale.
Job Summary: The Head of Health and Nutrition is responsible for leading and overseeing the development and delivery of high quality, innovative, cost effective programmes in health and nutrition both in emergency as well as long-term development, resulting in immediate and lasting change for children.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The candidate for the Save the Children International Head of Health and Nutrition job placement must hold a Master’s degree in public health or paediatrics or a related field.
- A minimum of eight years of relevant technical health and nutrition experience including at senior level.
- Proven experience of developing and managing high quality, innovative and cost-effective technical maternal and child health projects including in fragile and insecure environments context and with International NGOs.
- Proven experience in writing up high quality donor reports and proposals.
- Knowledge of current global and regional debates on universal coverage and quality of maternal, newborn, child and adolescent health and nutrition policies and models, global targets and evidence based strategies for achieving maternal, newborn and child health.
- Demonstrated ability to work in health and nutrition program in collaboration with national health ministries and international partners.
- Strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mindsets.
- English fluency (verbal and written)
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online by clicking on the title link below.
Deadline: 21st June 2019