Head of Human Resources Job Placement – PWC
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: The Head of Business
PWC Opportunity to make a difference Our client the Madhvani Group is a leading international professionally-managed industrial and services conglomerate, engaged in diverse operations in East Africa. One of its flagship companies Ms Kakira Sugar Limited is in the business of cultivation of sugarcane and production of sugar, alcohol and electricity.
HRM will be a member of the company’s Senior Management Team (SMT), responsible for overseeing and coordinating all the company’s HR operations, ensuring that the HR function is aligned to the company’s strategy and delivering sound and effective people management practices. .
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop the company’s HR/people strategies by identifying and researching human resources issues and recommending to the organization, strategic thinking, and direction and establishing human resources objectives in line with organizational objectives;
- Implement human resources strategies by establishing department accountabilities, including staffing, employment processing, compensation, safety, health and welfare, training and development, records management, succession planning, employee relations and retention, statutory and legal compliance, and Industrial/labor relations;
- Prepare and manage the HR department’s annual plan and budget aligned to the Company’s annual operating plan and long-term strategic direction; • Review and implement manpower complement for all the company’s departments and keep up-to-date staff data in SAP/HCM database with job descriptions as per the HR guidelines;
- Continuously develop, shape and nurture the company’s culture;
- Manage human resources processes and operations such as talent acquisition/recruitment, orientation, training, learning and development, coaching, counselling, planning, employee engagement, monitoring, performance review, staff appraisal, compensation and benefits, HR information systems and disciplinary issues;
- Advice and provide guidance to management on all employee-related issues including, researching, developing, writing, and updating HR policies, procedures, and guidelines; communicating and enforcing company values;
- Ensure compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements relating to employment, studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to the applicable laws and regulations and advising management;
- Dealing with the employees’ union, representing the company in periodical CBA negotiations with the union, ensuring a cordial working relationship with all stakeholders and the union officials, and continuously updating staff on union-related matters.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must be a graduate with an Honours Degree in Human Resource Management, or Organizational Psychology, or a related
- A Master’s Degree or an equivalent professional qualification in a relevant field will be an added advantage;
- At least 15 years’ experience in human resource management in an organization that has a large workforce, with at least 5 years in a senior leadership position;
- Knowledge of, and experience with SAP-HCM is desirable;
- Avery organized individual with excellent time management skills, the ability to analyze information quickly, and good problem-solving skills;
- An excellent negotiator with a proven track record of Union negotiation and influencer, with excellent communication skills
- Ability to relate with all levels of staff and management within the organization
How to Apply:
All Interested candidates who meet the above criteria should submit their CV and a cover letter highlighting how their experience is relevant to the Duties and Responsibilities described above to firstname.lastname@example.org The CV must include 3 referees including their email address and telephone number. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 24th January 2020