Head of Human Resources NGO Careers – Baylor-Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Baylor-Uganda is a private not for profit child health and development organization providing family-centered pediatric HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment services, health professional training, and clinical research in Uganda. Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation -Uganda (Baylor-Uganda) is an indigenous not-for-profit child health and development organisation affiliated to the Baylor College of Medicine International Paediatric AIDS Initiative (BIPAI), a Network of paediatric HIV/AIDS care and treatment Children’s Clinical Centres of Excellence and international program offices in 11 countries across Africa and Eastern Europe.
Job Summary: The Head of Human Resources will initiate, develop and monitor the implementation of systems, policies and procedures for: developing the human resource department; aligning the business and human resource functions & harmonization of HR activities in line with the business strategies.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, and monitor the implementation of Human Resources Policies and procedures of Baylor Uganda and the HR strategy in line with the strategic plan, donor guidelines and the Employment Act of Uganda
- Develop, and monitor the development and implementation of performance management systems, policies and procedures aligned with the HR strategy, mission of Baylor-Uganda and public service, and cascade them to the individual level
- Review and monitor the Human Resources Planning; recruitment and selection; and retention strategies and procedures for Baylor-Uganda staff
- Develop and monitor the implementation of Baylor-Uganda staff developmental strategies
- Develop and monitor the implementation of the Employee relations, Health and Safety and staff Welfare systems among Baylor-Uganda Staff
- Develop strategies for monitoring the maintenance and update of accessible Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) for improved decision making in line with the organization’s objectives
- Develop and monitor the implementation of the HR departmental plan and budget
- Develop and maintain a competent & motivated “HR team” through implementing HR support activities
- Develop, and monitor the implementation of systems, strategies and procedures that align the HR directorate to line managers
- Develop and monitor the implementation of change management initiatives coupled with strategic partnerships and networks to foster a strategically focused workforce
- Develop and monitor systems, strategies and procedures that enhance the development of up to date business HR orientated practices
- Develop a 5 years ‘HR operation strategy based on holistic strategic thinking’ for the HR department and monitor its implementation through the periodic consolidated departmental BSC
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Master’s Degree in HR/ MBA (HR)/ Organizational Psychology.
- At least seven (7) years working experience, with four (4) years’ experience at Senior Management level in a reputable organization, preferably a local or International NGO.
- Knowledge of HR strategic principles, and updated nationally and internationally acceptable HR related laws and regulations
- Applications should include a cover letter, CV, daytime telephone contact, three traceable professional references and certified UNEB certificates as well as certified University Transcripts
- You must have at least a credit 6 in MATHEMATICS and ENGLISH at Ordinary Level (UCE). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their applications online at the link below
Deadline: 16th September, 2020