Head of Products & Strategy Employment Opportunity – Orient Bank
Organisation: Orient Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Managing Director
Orient Bank is a leading Private sector commercial bank in Uganda since 1993. Its steady growth over the last 20 years can be attributed to its professional management and prudent Lending and investment policy. The confidence in Orient Bank of the Ugandan business community in particular and the public in general, is reflected in its large deposit base. In November 2002 Orient Bank made another first in this economy by successfully out competing other Banks in taking over TransAfrica Bank Ltd., (TABL).
Job Summary: The Head of Products & Strategy will drive the day to day product management, development and sales. Manage the Orient Bank product range by ensuring the business remains competitive while achieving its stated income targets. Understand Orient Bank competitive position for each product category and market sector and make recommendations in respect to pricing and market potential.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that the company has a well formulated and articulated strategy consistent with its vision and that all initiatives and plans are managed in a manner consistent with this strategy.
- Identify and translate market opportunities into new product programs, or enhancements to existing products, in order to generate a profitable business. Includes demonstration of business cases for products, defining features and functionality, P&L projections, and changes required to internal operations and delivery.
- Establish and implement competitive pricing policies and tariff structure to maximize product profitability and shareholder value.
- Develop a strategic plan on how the Bancassurance, E-Banking products and all alternative channels will grow in line with customer needs and regulatory frameworks.
- Manage product life cycle right from development, approval, launch, sales, profitability, risk review and shelving.
- Generate and manage new product or product amendment ideas at the concept development stage.
- Design of new products or product features considering both customer requirements and the constraints for new developments.
- Write the aggregate business case for new products using risk and infrastructure plan, detailed operational risk assessment, and complete the financial model per product.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the Orient Bank Head of Products & Strategy job placement must hold a bachelor’s degree in Finance, a business related field, Economics or Statistics.
- At least 10 years of cognate experience including 5 years in a corporate strategy position within a dynamic environment preferably as a Products or Strategy Manager.
How to Apply:
All interested candidates who meet the criteria indicated above are requested to send their applications, and updated Curriculum Vitae to the following email: email@example.com
Deadline: 21st April 2020 by 3:00pm
Missed This Job? or Interested in more?. See List of Current Job Vacancies / Opportunities in Uganda
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY COMPANY
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY ROLE