HIS Coordinator NGO Job Vacancies – Baylor-Uganda
Duty Station: Uganda
Baylor-Uganda is a private not for profit child health and development organization providing family-centered pediatric HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment services, health professional training, and clinical research in Uganda. Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation -Uganda (Baylor-Uganda) is an indigenous not-for-profit child health and development organisation affiliated to the Baylor College of Medicine International Paediatric AIDS Initiative (BIPAI), a Network of paediatric HIV/AIDS care and treatment Children’s Clinical Centres of Excellence and international program offices in 11 countries across Africa and Eastern Europe.
Job Summary: The HIS Coordinator will be responsible to support implementation of the project health information systems, capacity building of staff in the use of the various M&E technological tools and oversee the setup and maintenance of LAN/WAN networks, computer hardware and software at supported health facilities in Fort portal region.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, lead and implement Health Information solutions for HIV, TB, PMTCT/EID, Laboratory, and CSOs;
- Offer technical support in design, setup and administration of wide or Local area networks at health facilities including training users in hardware and software;
- Work with IT support personnel and M&E teams to monitor compliance of HWs with HIS/ICT best practice, policies and procedures;
- Support districts to maintain all client support information systems including troubleshooting computer hardware/software problems, network support, installations, and system upgrades;
- Implement and document a disaster recovery plan and onsite/offsite storage of backed up data.
- Work closely with staff at MOH, METS, and CDC to review and implement HIS agenda in the region.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Master’s degree in computer science, Information Technology, or related field and 5-7 years’ experience in IT, of which 3 years should have been in the management of M&E systems and network support.
- Applicants will be required to have professional in either internet Technologies or networking or system administration.
- Proven Experience in setup and administration of LAN/WANs, LINUX, Windows server, MYSQL, PHP working and understanding of SQL server required environment.
- You must have at least a credit 6 in MATHEMATICS and ENGLISH at Ordinary Level (UCE).
How to Apply:
Applications should include a cover letter, CV, daytime telephone contact, three traceable professional references and certified UNEB certificates as well as certified University Transcripts. To Apply, click the link below.
Deadline: 2nd August 2020