Human Resource Administrator Job Careers – Mukwano Group of Companies
Organisation: Mukwano Group of Companies
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The Mukwano Group of Companies is the leading manufacturer of Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) in the Great Lakes region, producing a wide range of market leader brands in soaps, edible cooking oils and fats, detergents, beverages, personal care products and plastics.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Liaising with Selection and Appraisal Advisor in facilitating shop floor recruitment, performance appraisal, contract renewals, confirmations, promotions and complying to manpower optimisation reports
- Liaising with Training and Development Advisor to conduct and evaluate Trainings done at the shop floor
- Liaising with the Employee Relations and Welfare Advisor in motivating and disciplining employees by participating in all welfare activities such as award ceremonies and disciplinary inquiries respectively at the shop floor
- Help employees understand the company General Rules and Regulations and Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Ensure daily staff attendance, shift schedules and all leaves taken are updated in a timely manner
- Liaise with Payroll advisor to cross check attendance reports generated from logic time, where need be rectifying and handling absenteeism cases
- Ensure staff overtime and night allowance data is compiled and submitted to Payroll Advisor by the monthly cut¬off date i.e. 20th of every month
- Sensitization of staff concerning the importance and appropriate use of the punching machine as well as the consequences of failing to comply.
- Conduct routine man power and plant checks to ensure all staff comply with established policies and procedures, following up and resolving of issues within the plant
- Ensure all employees adhere and comply with PPE (Personnel Protective Equipment) requirements
- Receive loans, leave and salary advance applications, forwarding them to Human Resource Department and making a follow up.
- Advise and help the Business Unit Manager on human resource related issues and to deal with employees at plant
- Attend to minor disciplinary issues, help in enforcing discipline among employees and generating incident and accident reports to be submitted to Employee Relations and Welfare advisor.
- Overseeing monthly soap distribution as well as accountability and ensuring soap list is up-to-date as per current man power
- Preparing weekly reports to be submitted to the Human Resource Manager
- Performing any other duties assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Human Resource Administrator job should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Organizational Psychology; Management Studies, Social Sciences, Social Work and Social Administration and other related disciplines
- A post graduate diploma or Masters in Human Resource Management is an added advantage
- One and above years of experience in Human Resource section.
- Knowledge of existing labour laws and attitudinal/employee engagement surveys
- Knowledge of all HR cycle functions
- Integrity, flexible, good interpersonal skills, effective communication, problem solving, counseling and decision making skills. Should have a positive attitude, self-driven, result focused, creative, innovative, can work for long hours and under pressure with minimum supervision.
How to Apply:
All those interested in working with Mukwano Group should send their applications online at the link below.
Deadline: 17th July 2020