Human Resource and Administrative Manager NGO Job Careers – Finnish Refugee Council (FRC)
Organisation: Finnish Refugee Council (FRC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Finnish Refugee Council (FRC) is an International NGO promoting adult education and community development among refugees and has been active in Uganda since 1997 as an operational partner to Office of the Prime Minister and United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR).
Job Summary: The primary responsibility of Human Resource and Administrative Manager is to plan, arrange and monitor human resource and general administrative operations in relation to various FRC Uganda projects, and ensure the legal obligations in relations to organisational existence, and HR, are fulfilled.
The HR and Administrative Manager supervises HR and Administration Officer(s) attached to FRC Country projects.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Human Resources (70%)
- Develop and implement the organisations HR related policies and procedures that are aligned with organisations priorities and demands, as well as country specific laws and regulations.
- Manage recruitment and selection processes; identify recruitment needs and advise on best recruitment approaches; conduct interviews; cross-check candidate’s documents; prepare staff work contracts; do orientation to HR operations; and handle staff exit and hand over.
- Design and implement appropriate performance evaluation systems, manage and advice on their implementation, analyse results for staff improvement and training purposes.
- Ensure that HR management in field offices is properly done.
- Support line managers in change management, team building and addressing organisations challenges, and identify key HR issues for management’s attention.
- Train staff in HR related policies and guidelines.
- Ensure that HR related contracts (insurances, health services) are accurate and renewed.
- Ensure legal compliance throughout human resource management; personnel files, payroll and leave records are updated and in order, and share any personnel changes with the Finance Officer / Manager.
- Handle and oversee disciplinary and grievance issues, employee and labour relations, and time and attendance management.
General Administration (20 %)
- Ensure that standards of good practise in management and administration is in place and followed, such as manuals and guidelines, asset register, inventories, communication methods and systems, incident logs etc.
- Oversee and advice on the day-to-day running of the Country Office and field offices.
- Oversee the management of staff work hour tracking and reporting.
Legal Framework (10%)
- Keep track and ensure that legal obligations for International NGOs in Uganda are fulfilled on timely basis (Work permits, NGO Certificate, NGO permit, submission of annual reports to legal entities, HR audits, MoU with line ministries and districts, Compliance with FIA in coordination with Finance department, compliance to labour laws etc. etc.).
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or in Business Administration (HR option) or in Public Administration, combined with strong work experience. Master’s degree preferred.
- At least 7 years of experience in HR and administrative tasks, of which 2 years in managerial position.
- Experience in working in humanitarian or development context is an advantage.
- Ability to prioritise a demanding workload and to work under minimal supervision.
- Ability to deal with pressure and work quickly.
- Experience and ability to draft concise and effective policies.
- Good computing skills, proficiency on intranet, Word and other Microsoft Office packages is a must.
- Knowledge in change management and capacity building.
- Willing to work in challenging situations and with diverse staff.
- Willing to follow rules and regulations.
- Good communication, diplomacy and problem-solving skills.
- Willingness to step in and solve difficult situations, especially in regard of staff HR issues.
- Ability and willingness to listen and share decisions and to take effective decisions.
- Eye for detail especially with legal contracts and documents.
- Fluent in English, written and spoken.
- Kiswahili, French, Acholi, Nuer, Dinka sills would be an asset.
How to Apply:
Email Your Application to; email@example.com
Include in your application
- A cover letter with details of the gross salary request in UGX
- maximum 4-page long CV
- Contacts of 3 professional reference persons.
Do not email copies of certificates!! Only shortlisted candidates are requested to present their certificates.
Deadline: Friday 22nd May 2020