Human Resource Assistant Job Opportunities – Crown Beverages Limited (Pepsi Cola)
Organization: Crown Beverages Limited (Pepsi Cola)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Human Resource Manager
Crown Beverages Limited was founded and incorporated as Lake Victoria Bottling Company on 29th March 1950. Then, the Uganda government owned the majority shares while a few elite indigenous Ugandans owned the minority shares. In 1965, LVBC became the Pepsi Cola franchise in Uganda and started bottling global soft drinks including; Pepsi, Mirinda, Gingerly among others. In December 1997, CBL went into joint ownership with International Pepsi Cola Bottling Investments, (IPCBI) of South Africa, who bought 51% shares in the CBL and injected in more capital and also had a controlling team.
Key Duties and Responsibilities: Reporting to the Human Resource Manager, the selected candidate will be responsible for;
Reporting and Records Management:
- Generating reports on operational activities.
- Carrying out the filing and documentation of staff personal details.
- Providing proper maintenance of human resources records and data such as manpower positions with entries and exits.
- Opening files for new staff.
Leave Schedule Implementation:
- Receiving staff-leave requests, updating the inventory of staff leave and ensuring timely clearances and approvals by appropriate Heads of Department.
- Obtaining leave schedules from Heads of Department and coordinating implementation of the same.
- Responding to staff concerns and escalating major issues to the HR Manager.
- Coordinating students’ internship placement in liaison with HR Manager and HODs respectively.
- Giving timely feedback to HR Manager on employee HR/welfare issues.
Coordinate Staff Entry:
- Maintaining the staff file, obtaining bio data forms and updating the HR database.
- Processing staff identity and medical cards.
- Following up on the employee probation and ensuring appropriate actions are taken.
- Providing the clearance form duly signed by the HODs and Head of Sections.
- Following up to ensure that staff fill Retirement Benefits Scheme forms and processing of the same.
- Processing staff terminal benefits as per the policy and with guidance of the HR Manager.
Staff Contracts Monitoring:
- Following up and monitoring staff contracts and implementing appropriate actions
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelors’ Degree in Human Resource Management or Industrial Organization Psychology, Social Sciences or a Business related field
- A minimum of three years’ experience in similar position in a busy commercial environment
- Understanding of HR practices
- Proficiency in computer applications
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge of the labour laws
- People management skills
- Listening and counselling
How to Apply:
All interested candidates should send an application, accompanied by a detailed CV and copies of your academic certificates to the Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Please note that applying is strictly online and the position you are applying for should be the subject of your email. Combine all your documents into one file attachment.
Deadline: 5th May 2020