Human Resource Officer USAID Project Jobs – John Snow, Inc (JSI)
Job Title: Human Resource Officer
Organization: John Snow, Inc (JSI)
Funding Source: United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: HR/Administration Manager
John Snow, Inc. (JSI) is a leader in improving the health of individuals and communities by providing high-quality technical and managerial assistance to public health programs worldwide. JSI has implemented projects in 100 countries, and currently operates from eight U.S. and 81 international offices for the past 30 years. The JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. ID a leading public health research and consulting organization.
About USAID RHITES-N Project:
RHITES-N, Lango will contribute to improving key population- based national health indicators; build the capacity of the Ugandan government to carry out a sustainable and locally- driven response to the HIV epidemic, while also improving TB, malaria, nutrition, MNCH+A, and WASH outcomes. JSI will work with Ugandan stakeholders to design and implement health system strengthening strategies to scale up high-impact, evidence-based interventions at the national, sub-regional, district, and community levels. Interventions will include VMMC, virtual elimination of mother-to-child transmission of HIV, antiretroviral therapy, and condom education and distribution. JSI will focus where the greatest impact can be realized, with a priority on hard-to-reach and high-HIV-prevalence locations. RHITES-N, Lango is a five-year contract. The JSI team includes Amref Health Africa, Doctors with Africa CUAMM, Another Option, and Medical Concierge Group.
Job Summary: The Human Resource Officer actively contributes to the accomplishment of Human Resources practices and objectives in managing the full employee life cycle from recruitment, induction to exit and also in providing administrative support in the day to day running of human resources activities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collect and organize input on HR processes and policies and participate in the review and update of various systems, manuals, guidelines, and tools.
- Give HR support to the Staff based in the District offices as and when required
- Place adverts for facilitating recruitment
- Contact shortlisted candidates and arranging for interviews
- Conduct background checks for selected candidates and mails out the candidate offer letter packet as requested and tracks return
- Prepares all documentation required for new employer
- Process staff IDs and Business cards
- Assist to maintain HR records through a documented filing system based on “easy to retrieve” principle.
- Assist employees with any benefit claim issues
- Participate in employee orientation
- Guide staff on the use of online timesheet
- Ensure that all staff have done online ethical training and have obtained certificates
- Responsible for updating, and reconciling all staff records/bills for Medical insurance, GPA and Workmen’s compensation.
- Files all compliance reports.
- Assists with VISA and Work Permit applications when required
- Facilitates for sign off of exit checklist by Supervisor, IT and other departments for employees leaving the organization.
- Maintain staff data base
- Perform any other duty that may be required from time to time
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the USAID RHITES-N Project Human Resource Officer job placement should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or Business Administration. Additional relevant experience and completion of HR certification or courses, may substitute for some education.
- At least three years of experience in HR, preferably with an International or local NGO and good knowledge of HR best practices and standards.
- Experience with and knowledge of employment laws, regulations, policies, principles, concepts, and practices. Good understanding of the local labor law.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Skills in database management and record keeping.
- Able to exhibit a high level of confidentiality.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Must be able to gather and analyze information skillfully
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their updated cover letters and updated CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 4th January 2019
University News Updates for 2019 - 2020